What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

That's Frank's solution to the problem - - he listens to old movies and TV, so that he doesn't have to listen to contemporary stuff. Often he gets distracted though, and listens to newer movies about comic book characters instead. Then he tells me how terrible they are.

<Chuckle>

Gonna start S4 of Ozark tonight. Seems like it's been a long time since the end of S3, so we will probably watch the previous season's finale prior to starting the new season.

Gonna start S4 of Ozark tonight. Seems like it's been a long time since the end of S3, so we will probably watch the previous season's finale prior to starting the new season.

It’s incredible. Lots of twists. I binged it this weekend and just finished the last episode of Part 1, 10 minutes ago. I did also re-watch the earlier seasons the last 2 weeks which provided a good catch up. Hope you enjoy it.

Finished Queen of the South, so after Narcos and QOTS looking for something different from drugs.

Just started watching Gloria, set in Portugal it’s about a listening station around the Cold War or slightly later era. 2 episodes in and quite enjoyable.

Glória is a Portuguese historical thriller drama television series. It was released on 5 November 2021 and is the first Netflix production originating in Portugal.[1] It tells the story of a young spy operating in Cold-War Portugal, amid the intrigues of the USA and Soviet Union. According to Variety, the show cost 6 million euros to produce, making it the most expensive series in Portuguese television history.
english or dubbed? hate dubbing.

Ozark is up there with Breaking Bad for us...can't get enough.

We watched s4-e1-7 and were not disappointed. Now have to wait for the rest patiently

I finished season 3 this weekend and was like OMG!!!
Then I watched season 4 episode 1 and was like OMG!!!!
That first episode was great.
I hadn’t watched season 3 prior. Can’t remember why but I did like it much better than season 2 for some reason.

I liked Ozark S1, but not S2 as mich. I didn't watch S3 for a long time because of that, but once I started watching S3, I couldn't stop. Looking forward to watching S4 Part 1. Does anybody know when Part 2 is coming out?

Watched Episode 1, Season 4 of Ozark. So good.
Started watching All Creatures Great and Small. Love it.
Bosch - DH and I watch this series together. We both love crime/detective shows. Love the British ones best, but this one is pretty good too.

Watching a bit too much Tv lately since we are hunkered down due to Omicron and the weather [emoji19]. It’s temporary though.

I liked Ozark S1, but not S2 as mich. I didn't watch S3 for a long time because of that, but once I started watching S3, I couldn't stop. Looking forward to watching S4 Part 1. Does anybody know when Part 2 is coming out?

Only official word is "later in 2022." :blush:

For this reason, we are holding out on starting S4 Pt 1. Besides, we have started HBO's Succession and we have become addicted to that show. When we wrap that up, we will move on to "The Morning Show."

Watched the first 2 episodes of Succession last night. Other than the f-bombs it looks like it'll be good.

Succession is a fantastic show. However, if hearing the f-word offends you, I don't see how you'll be able to tolerate it. The overall crudeness of the characters (including the foul language) is over the top.

Last edited:
Not new, but some non-fiction Youtuber's I've love watching since W2R mentioned that. These are a tiny slice of all the channels I'm subscribed to, YouTube is an amazing fountain of good content these days:
Legal Eagle (lawyer does law related videos)
Tom Scott (general interest)
Veritasium (science education)
Smarter Every Day (engineering oriented, but he does process stuff too)
Filmjoy (Movies with Mikey) if you like film analysis
Megaprojects - Lots of military plane stories, but also buildings, space stations, giant dams, etc.
Jill Bearup - Media review/criticism mostly focused on stage combat these days (which is really fun)
Spencer Cornelia - Fake Gurus, celebrity financial failure, starting FIRE journey, etc.
Wendover Productions - Process engineering type videos (how things, work about airlines, transportation industry, etc).
Economics Explained - Australian Economist analyzes countries, current economic events/trends, etc.
How Money Works - about economic topics
Xyla Foxlin - adorable engineer makes cool stuff (hand made canoe, a xmas tree rocket, etc)
The B1M - Real estate/building big projects
TwoSetViolin - a pair of former professional violinists who gave up their orchestra positions and went full time youtube who get amazing performers to come participate in their shows. Ling Ling workouts with some of the best violinists in the world are really amazing.
PBS Space Time - who doesn't love physics?
CGP Grey - used to be awesome, but new episodes are rare now, go watch the backlog they are fun
Kurzgeasgt - Science (astrophysics, social science, medical, etc) education in awesome animated format, really fun, well written and interesting.

Reactions: W2R
Succession is a fantastic show. However, if hearing the f-word offends you, I don't see how you'll be able to tolerate it. The overall crudeness of the characters (including the foul language) is over the top.

I would add that it has quite a bit of pretty explicit sexual references as well...but I think most of the HBO shows are like this, which is disappointing because it really doesn't add much to the story.

I would add that it has quite a bit of pretty explicit sexual references as well...but I think most of the HBO shows are like this, which is disappointing because it really doesn't add much to the story.

+1

We watched a few episodes of HBO's "The Righteous Gemstones" and thought it really humorous. However the explicit sexual and crude bathroom language was so over the top that we abandoned the series. Far worse than Succession.

Just finished the last season of Money Heist on Netflix.

All I can say is "wow!". That's in my top five all time.

Looking forward to Ozark and Better Call Saul.

"Billions" season 6 has started. Time to start annoying my retired Wall Street friends again :).

Yeah, I agree, although I think the casual use of crude, explicit sexual references is intended to highlight how shallow and immature some of the characters are. Kind of like they stopped maturing around age 14. I don't particularly mind it, but it's definitely a case of "viewer discretion is advised."

Kind of like they stopped maturing around age 14. I don't particularly mind it, but it's definitely a case of "viewer discretion is advised."

TV shows that remind me of middle schoolers just turn me off. I'm sure I was as big a jerk as many at that age. But, I don't need to be reminded of it. :D

Yeah, I agree, although I think the casual use of crude, explicit sexual references is intended to highlight how shallow and immature some of the characters are. Kind of like they stopped maturing around age 14. I don't particularly mind it, but it's definitely a case of "viewer discretion is advised."

They do plenty of other antics to show how shallow they are. The continued sexual references (same joke/story line used 5+ times in a 45 minute episode) is really just unnecessary IMHO. I am far from being a prude and am probably just as crude as some of the characters in the show...it's just seems they are trying too hard. Although, it isn't as bad as "The Righteous Gemstones" :D

+1

We watched a few episodes of HBO's "The Righteous Gemstones" and thought it really humorous. However the explicit sexual and crude bathroom language was so over the top that we abandoned the series. Far worse than Succession.

When it comes to language, the worst I’ve seen so far is Deadwood. It’s a good story but the language is beyond anything I’ve seen on big or little screen.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Letterkenny, and gave up for the same reason. Too crude for my taste.

When it comes to language, the worst I’ve seen so far is Deadwood. It’s a good story but the language is beyond anything I’ve seen on big or little screen.

Yeah, I seem to recall that when it was airing its first season, someone published an article claiming that a typical Deadwood episode contained more vulgarities uttered per hour than any other TV show in history, IIRC. Deadwood is one of my all-time favorites, so obviously the foul language didn't bother me too much.

Back
Top Bottom