What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Mr. InBetween, about an Australian hitman who’s ruthless to his enemies but tender to his young daughter.

Currently 6 shows in on "Hacks" that is on HBO Max and is a comedy/drama. It stars Jean Smart and IMHO is a fantastic show. There are 10 episodes and 8 have been released. The last two will be released on June 10th. It has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I think they are spot on. The very basic gist of the show is:

The show explores a dark mentorship that forms between Deborah Vance (Smart), a legendary Las Vegas comedian, and an entitled, outcast 25-year-old.

Last edited:
Watching "Mindhunter" on Netflix now. It's about FBI agents in the early 1970's beginning to interview serial killers to gather research data that will help them understand & catch other serial killers.

Watching "Mindhunter" on Netflix now. It's about FBI agents in the early 1970's beginning to interview serial killers to gather research data that will help them understand & catch other serial killers.

That is also an excellent show. I was disappointed that Netflix [-]canceled it[/-] sorry, has it on indefinite hold, though.

Enjoying Kim's Convenience (on a recommendation seen on this forum) on Netflix. Started Mare of Easttown on HBO Max last night (gritty but compelling).

Enjoying Kim's Convenience (on a recommendation seen on this forum) on Netflix. Started Mare of Easttown on HBO Max last night (gritty but compelling).

Like so many CBC shows, this (Kim's Convenience) is one the best (well, IMHO). Unfortunately, this season, starting, this week, is the final one... and quite controversial.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/larryfitzmaurice/kims-convenience-jean-yoon-painful-experience

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/kims-convenience-netflix-cancelation-1234963806/

Currently 6 shows in on "Hacks" that is on HBO Max and is a comedy/drama. It stars Jean Smart and IMHO is a fantastic show. There are 10 episodes and 8 have been released. The last two will be released on June 10th. It has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I think they are spot on. The very basic gist of the show is:

Yeah, I like it a lot as well. I usually don't enjoy shows focused on old people acting old and funny (Grace and Frankie, Kominsky Method, etc), but this one is not like that.

Doc Martin Season 10 (its final season) is coming in the fall. DW cannot wait, it is about the only modern TV series she has liked.

The series I am currently cycling through:

- Billions (gives me a chance to nag some of my friends from college who have/had Wall Street related careers :))
- The Good Cop
- Life in Pieces
- The Crew
- Sons of Anarchy
- Corner Gas
- Good Girls
- The Keenan Show
- Black Summer
- Iron Fist

(Kaminski Method) not the same without alan arkin.

I admit that I was a bit concerned when he wasn't in it. Nonetheless, it turned out to be a good season and the finale was pretty good, actually, they did a great job with it and I would still recommend it even without Arkin's presence.

Yeah, I like it a lot as well. I usually don't enjoy shows focused on old people acting old and funny (Grace and Frankie, Kominsky Method, etc), but this one is not like that.

I think it really is different from the shows you mentioned. Although I do like the "oldster" flicks (except Grace and Frankie which I will NOT watch for *other* reasons). The interaction between the generations is pretty comical. I agree with some critics that Jean Smart is probably going to win a lot of awards with her recent performances.

Started watching season 3 of Kominsky. The Aflac scene was hilarious. So far we're enjoying it.

Just finished season one of For All Mankind on Apple TV. Really enjoyed it. I was a kid when the space programs of the sixties were happening. This show is an interesting alternate history of that time with the Soviets getting to the moon first.

I'm mostly enjoying the reboot of In Treatment, now with Uzo Aduba (from Orange is the New Black) in the lead role. They've woven in some of the realities of covid but just enough to make sense in a plot that's supposedly in present day.

Things I don't like: the patients! She is much more interesting, compelling, and developed, whereas the patients...sometimes I fast forward over parts. Still, overall a good watch, the set is lovely, and her earring collection is enviable (yes I like some of those details).

DW and I are late to this show, but we've just finished Poldark Series 1. Outstanding! We have four more series to go.

On another note, Unforgotten Series 4 premiers in the US on PBS starting July 11. Can't wait!

I finished watching the 2nd part of "Lupin" on Netflix last night. I enjoyed it.

As kcowan suggest 2 OPs above.

:blush: A free CRACKLE presentation inside anyones NETFLIX subscription is 30 episodes of "STARTUP".
Its filmed and period focused on contemporanous startup business models.

:greetings10: Good luck & Best wishes......

DW and I are late to this show, but we've just finished Poldark Series 1. Outstanding! We have four more series to go.

On another note, Unforgotten Series 4 premiers in the US on PBS starting July 11. Can't wait!

We too loved Poldark. If you like Poldark you would probably like Outlander on Starz. Outlander is historical fiction set in the UK (with a little time travel thrown in). The star of Outlander is a hunky guy like Poldark. Be prepared if you watch Outlander there is some nudity and sex scenes.

Doc Martin Season 10 (its final season) is coming in the fall. DW cannot wait, it is about the only modern TV series she has liked.

The series I am currently cycling through:

- Billions (gives me a chance to nag some of my friends from college who have/had Wall Street related careers :))
- The Good Cop
- Life in Pieces
- The Crew
- Sons of Anarchy
- Corner Gas
- Good Girls
- The Keenan Show
- Black Summer
- Iron Fist

Thanks for the heads up on the last Doc Martin season, we love that show and we will be on the outlook for it. If you wife loves Doc Martin she also might like the BBC show Call the Midwife which is also in its 10th season and is shown in the U.S. on PBS. We like Call the Midwife just as much as Doc Martin.

We too loved Poldark. If you like Poldark you would probably like Outlander on Starz. Outlander is historical fiction set in the UK (with a little time travel thrown in). The star of Outlander is a hunky guy like Poldark. Be prepared if you watch Outlander there is some nudity and sex scenes.

Sort of like there was some violence in Pulp Fiction.

But Outlander is excellent. I liked Poldark, but Outlander blows it away (IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom