What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

The newest series of Unforgotten premiers in the US on July 11. Can’t wait!

i"ve watched the first four episodes of the new season of unforgotten. it would have been helpful to review what happened at the end of the previous season.

Just finished watching Warren - Martin Clunes as a dyspeptic driving instructor/victim of the world. Funny stuff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_(TV_series)

Also watching a bunch of Bosch - who knew LA detectives lived in digs like that?

You are not a Bosch groupie or you would know way early in his career one of his cases was made into a book/movie and with the money he was paid he bought that stunning home:dance:

We’re enjoying Shetland on Prime. It’s another good British detective series, not too violent, set in a stunning part of the world most of us will never see. They also have scenes, so far, in Glasgow and in Bergen, Norway.

Thanks for the tip... we started watching Shetland recently based on your recomendation... it took a few episodes to get into it but are really enjoying it. And you are right... the scenery is stunning... my wife is amazed that there are so few trees.

On another note, only one more episode of Line of Duty Season 6 to drop on BritBox.

Last edited:
finished the latest season of unforgotten. only 6 episodes long. may be the best of the 4 seasons. a real shocker at the end.

Watching series Katla on Netflix, set in Iceland, English audio available. For those in torrid weather conditions kinda nice to see glaciers and rainy weather. So for seeming like terrestrial Sci-fi mystery/suspense.

Thanks for the tip... we started watching Shetland recently based on your recomendation... it took a few episodes to get into it but are really enjoying it. And you are right... the scenery is stunning... my wife is amazed that there are so few trees.

On another note, only one more episode of Line of Duty Season 6 to drop on BritBox.

Looking at vacation options for next year, I saw that Viking ocean cruises has cruises that visit Shetland. That might be enough to make me bite.

Just started "Kevin can F##K himself" on AMC. I watched the first two-hour premiere and I gotta say, just don't know what to make of it. It is both comedy and absolutely not comedy. But it is compelling so I will watch the next episode.

Not available yet but they just released the trailer for The Sopranos' Prequel.
Looks good.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...uel-trailer-many-saints-of-newark-1234973262/

That does look interesting.

On a different tack, not sure if it's been mentioned yet in this thread, but I just finished watching the Netflix series, "Pretend It's A City" for the second time. It was made by Martin Scorsese, and stars his friend Fran Lebowitz, in a series of conversations about New York City, and her observations on life in general.

We enjoyed the series so much, that we purchased tickets to see her on tour next year.

Last edited:
Just finished the final season of Bosch. I’ll miss this series. Was a good one.

Sorry, no spoilers within the thread, they’re impossible to overlook.

Sorry, no spoilers within the thread, they’re impossible to overlook.

Thank you!

In the past spoilers have ruined some shows for me. I wish people would just refrain from over-sharing. :facepalm:

Just started watching Clarkson’s Farm on prime and it is pretty entertaining. It’s a documentary about British TV personality Jeremy Clarkson who decides to start farming his large farm in the Cotswolds. I had never heard of him but a British friend of mine said he is very popular in the UK. He also said his wife can’t stand the guy and she leaves the room when he is on TV. I can see that he has that type of personality.

Just started watching Clarkson’s Farm on prime and it is pretty entertaining. It’s a documentary about British TV personality Jeremy Clarkson who decides to start farming his large farm in the Cotswolds. I had never heard of him but a British friend of mine said he is very popular in the UK. He also said his wife can’t stand the guy and she leaves the room when he is on TV. I can see that he has that type of personality.

My DH watched clips on Youtube and i left the room.. on top gear he loved the "bullying" type of humor...Clarkson has more money then God and I'm bugged he got more to jerk around Green Acres style. I'd much rather watch a real UK farming family who could use the money. Anyone remember Last Tango in Halifax? The daughter tried to keep farming after her husband died, that portrayal was way more realistic.

We just started season 2 of For All Mankind. Liking it so far. It's about the space race where the Russians are the first to the moon. Nasa has to play catch up.

We just started season 2 of For All Mankind. Liking it so far. It's about the space race where the Russians are the first to the moon. Nasa has to play catch up.

I liked it too (I'm a sucker for alternate history stuff) and in the first series especially they really spent a ton of money recreating the early space race and it was amazingly authentic feeling.

S2 started getting a little outlandish and silly for me. Soap opera elements started creeping in too. Such is the state of modern writing.

Started watching Lupin on Netflix. It's engaging enough I have to not computer surf. I enjoy the scenes of Paris. We are going in December so it's fun

The other one is My Brilliant Friend. Set in post war Italy. The brilliant one is too poor to go beyond grade school so self teaches. Sub titles so I also have to put down the computer. This is on Apple TV I think

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom