What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We’re enjoying Shetland on Prime. It’s another good British detective series, not too violent, set in a stunning part of the world most of us will never see. They also have scenes, so far, in Glasgow and in Bergen, Norway.

Just saw the movie Nomadland. Just a reminder of how blessed most of us are on this forum.

Just saw the movie Nomadland. Just a reminder of how blessed most of us are on this forum.

I want to see Nomadland, where is it available? I read the book and it was very enlightening (and sad) about how many people have to live.

I want to see Nomadland, where is it available? I read the book and it was very enlightening (and sad) about how many people have to live.

We watched it last evening - got it from our local Red Box - 60 cents with coupon - we are indeed all blessed

I saw it at home on Amazon Prime for $2.99 rental.

It is available for free as part of any HULU subscription. But be warned not to watch it -- you will want to buy an RV and hit the road.

We’re enjoying Shetland on Prime. It’s another good British detective series, not too violent, set in a stunning part of the world most of us will never see. They also have scenes, so far, in Glasgow and in Bergen, Norway.
+1 we enjoyed that one and most of the British detective series. We've watched a whole bunch of them.

I discovered this a couple of years ago, and loved it. You've just reminded me to check to see if there is a new season. I sure hope so. Series' in these types of settings, with these types of characters and storylines, are few and far between.

One of our favorites. Some of us Americans might need closed captioning at times.

Incidentally, I'm English, and the captioning helped me out too. Some of the regional UK accents are a bit problematic for many of us Brits too!

Katla is interesting. Icelandic pseudo SciFi Drama. Available Dubbed or with Subtitles. Most likes available on your favorite streaming service.

Back to Heartland seasons 10-12. We found this show after a trip to Alberta and love the scenery in the show. Storyline reminds me of the Waltons based in Canada. Very apologetic bunch up there. Very clean for the family too. Kinda refreshing in the TV world.

What new series are you watching?

Just finished “The Stranger” on Netflix. It’s based on a Harlan Coben book. It was really good. It’s one season, eight episodes…

Back to Heartland seasons 10-12. We found this show after a trip to Alberta and love the scenery in the show. Storyline reminds me of the Waltons based in Canada. Very apologetic bunch up there. Very clean for the family too. Kinda refreshing in the TV world.

Yes, I LOVED that series! And while I'm not opposed to some "non-family" content, some series way overdo it and Heartland is a shining exception.

I have Netflix only so I can't stream Nomadland but thanks to this thread I found I was able to download the e-book from the library. Great reading and definitely an enlightening view of how some people eke out a living in retirement.

started new season of unforgotten. british cold case murder with nikola walker

Back
Top Bottom