What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

DW & I are bingeing our way thru the 5 seasons of Babylon 5. Again. Halfway thru Season 5 now.

We watched B5 in the late 90s when it was in reruns every night and loved it. Then we, too, watched it again and picked up on a lot of things missed in the first viewing. Now that we have TVs with higher resolution it;s become all too apparent that the computer generated special effects were made for standard definition. No matter, the story doesn't depend on SFX.

I started watching Rebel Moon. It’s very Star Wars-ish. Then there is the Kaylon robot guy. They do borrow heavily from existing SciFi shows. I am always amazed that people who live in villages that remind me of the backwoods towns of the early 1800’s can zip through galactic space so easily. But, the show is enjoyable and it's only two movies.

Last edited:
Is Rebel Moon actually a movie, or two movies, then, not really a series per the thread?

Two movies, or really a series of movies much like Star Wars and Star Trek. Currently two feature length movies...parts 1 and 2. A search online suggests that as many as 4-more are contemplated.

I'm about to start "Dinner with the parents" on Amazon Free vee. Normally not my type of show (sitcom), but my brother is in it. It's always worth watching him. It's new, first season, 10 episodes. Shot over 4 months.

Finished Shogun, not as epic as we expected, a little confusing at times, but OK.

Tried one episode of Palm Royale, lost interest in going any further even though we’re fans of Kristin Wiig.

Finished season 2 of Full Swing, not as good as season 1, still interesting but only if you like golf.

On to season 3 of Only Murders in the Building. Fun, interesting, we’re really enjoying it!

Last edited:
Fallout is a gas! So much fun and creatively done.
Have you ever watched TV show "Lost"? Fallout reminds me a little bit of Lost. The retro part of Fallout (The Dharma Initiative of Lost) and the past/present back and forth remind me of Lost.

I'm about to start "Dinner with the parents" on Amazon Free vee. Normally not my type of show (sitcom), but my brother is in it. It's always worth watching him. It's new, first season, 10 episodes. Shot over 4 months.
I watched the first two, Dan is in his element. They shot this in the UK, and it was apparently no fun being away from home so long. You move to LA to be close to the action and they shoot over seas :)

There was an interview posted a few days ago. An interview about Dan's career. I was at the "Glass Menagerie" play he mentions. Comedy All-Star Dan Bakkedahl Talks ‘Veep,’ ‘Legit’ and ‘Dinner with the Parents’ - Casting Networks

Manhunt 2024 the hunt for "John Wilkes Booth" who assassinated President Lincoln. I find it quite long in the tooth and somewhat boring, but DW likes it.

I watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer on Netflix. Good performances by the lead actor and actress. Morbid obesity is both fascinating and terrifying (to me). We'll see how the rest of the series goes. :popcorn:

Have you ever watched TV show "Lost"? Fallout reminds me a little bit of Lost. The retro part of Fallout (The Dharma Initiative of Lost) and the past/present back and forth remind me of Lost.
Lost was one of my favorite series. I was disappointed with the final season but up to that binge-watched.(y)

Watched the first 2 episodes of "Masters of the Air" last night. Enjoying it so far, my dad was a bombardier/navigator on a B-25 in the Aleutians during WW2. It's giving me a view of his view.

Lost was one of my favorite series. I was disappointed with the final season but up to that binge-watched.(y)
Me, too! The ending was not great for sure, but it was binge-watch-worthy. (Some things are not meant to be watched in pieces every week.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom