What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I tried watching Six Feet Under because so many people told me how great it was. I only got through 3 episodes and gave up. I didn't find it funny or the slightest bit interesting and I gave it a thumbs down. I know I'm in a very small minority here.

I rated it a 10 and watched every minute of it. 🤔😉

Watching "Fallout" a Dystopian look at America after the explosion of nuclear bombs 214 years after. A bit odd and in some cases quite grisly, but ticks a few boxes for us at least.

Justwatch.com

I played the original video game years ago and enjoyed it, so I am looking forward to watching it.

I used to love watching Six Feet Under. I looked forward to it every week. (The original aired on HBO). I think I liked the craziness of some of the things that happened on the show. It had a very unique vibe. I don't think I had watched a show quite like it before then. If I remember correctly, the same guy who made American Beauty (Kevin Spacey, Annette Benning) created that show.

The show was very unique and different then, but I don't know how well it has aged.

Last edited:
Watching "Fallout" a Dystopian look at America after the explosion of nuclear bombs 214 years after. A bit odd and in some cases quite grisly, but ticks a few boxes for us at least.

Justwatch.com

We saw the first two epis on Prime Video last night. It's holding our interest.

I tried watching Six Feet Under because so many people told me how great it was. I only got through 3 episodes and gave up. I didn't find it funny or the slightest bit interesting and I gave it a thumbs down. I know I'm in a very small minority here.
I could never even get myself to try watching Six Feet Under. It just didn't sound like something I would be interested in. Same thing with Sopranos.

Join the club of people who find some very popular shows to be boring and a waste of time. I never understood Seinfeld.

Join the club of people who find some very popular shows to be boring and a waste of time. I never understood Seinfeld.
I wasn't too crazy about Seinfeld - really only caught reruns by accident. In general, I don't like hearing background laughter in tracks - it's like they are trying to trick us into thinking it's funnier than it really is. Big Bang Theory and many other shows do the same thing.

I've been slowly working my way through Longmire. I was originally planning to just watch season 1, but I'm on season 3 now, and it keeps my interest. There are 6 seasons total.

Last edited:
Not new, but new to me:

The Diplomat on Netflix.

It looks like some good escapism for daily treadmill time.

I finished The Diplomat last night. I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to season two, which I believe is filming now.

Seinfeld was annoying. The same way Curb Your Enthusiasm was annoying. Then later I found out that they were both created by the same guy. No wonder.

Last edited:
Started "White Lies" South African murder mystery. Seen 2 episodes so far, it is a little slow, but we are going to persevere.

Justwatch.com

just finished "Apples never fall". starring annette benning and sam neill as husband and wife tennis players with 4 adult children who own a tennis academy. wife goes missing. series taken from book by the same name. keeps you guessing what actually happened.

Justwatch.com

Saw episode 1. One of the dumbest plots I've ever seen in my life, it makes no sense whatsoever. Extremely violent and bloody. I couldn't care less about any of the characters. I will not be watching further.

I already had Six Feet Under in my queue.

Folks in this thread keep mentioning it, so I watched the first episode tonight.

I'm going to enjoy this show! It is just twisted and weird enough to hold my interest (another great "treadmill show" I think).

Just started watching Three Body Problem on Netflix. There is just 1 season, 8 episodes, so far but very good.

just finished "Apples never fall". starring annette benning and sam neill as husband and wife tennis players with 4 adult children who own a tennis academy. wife goes missing. series taken from book by the same name. keeps you guessing what actually happened.

Love Annette Benning. Always quality work. What streaming is that on?

Saw episode 1. One of the dumbest plots I've ever seen in my life, it makes no sense whatsoever. Extremely violent and bloody. I couldn't care less about any of the characters. I will not be watching further.

I wanted to like it but had a hard time hanging in until the end of the episode one. I thought it was disturbing. I guess there's a genre for everyone.

I only sit down to watch TV for about 3 hours in the evening unless I'm sick which is pretty rare. It's turned on all day though for background noise while I go about my business playing all the old comedies on Pluto TV. Lucy, Mama's Family, Gomer Pyle and a ton of others. When I get tired of comedy then I turn to Dateline or 20/20.

The shows I've actually sat down to watch and enjoyed recently.

Big Sky, (Hulu) 3 seasons and every so often it will make you jump and spill your drink. Has not been renewed for 2024.
Only Murders In The Building (Hulu or ABC) Didn't expect to like this one but it's pretty silly and funny. I think I'm on Season 3 right now.
Will Trent (Hulu or ABC) Tortured brilliant detective brought up in the foster system.
Abbot Elementary (Hulu or ABC) Comedy

I don't think Hulu tracks the shows I've watched so I can't think of any others but there is definitely more that I can't remember right now.

I pretty much only watch comedy or murder mystery shows and occasionally a movie. I also have Disney+ on the Back Friday deal and have only watched one time since November so I need to start blowing through these shows before it expires although if I can grab it for a similar low price on BF I probably will. It's good to have if the grandkids come over.

Big Sky, (Hulu) 3 seasons and every so often it will make you jump and spill your drink. Has not been renewed for 2024.
I caught Big Sky in mid seasons by accident years ago watching on broadcast TV. I didn't know what was really going on, but it interested me enough to look into the series. It wasn't rated that well, and I read a lot of negative comments, so I didn't bother tying to get into it. I don't even recall coming across it since. I've heard since that it gets worse over time and that the format changed for the third season where they are solving crimes every week, which may not be bad, that's what they do on Longmire and various other crime dramas.

Last edited:
"The Regime" Trying very hard to be a modern version of "The Great" but coming nowhere even close. So far, we have watched 2 episodes and are deciding whether to toss it.

"An American political satire depicts a year within the palace of a crumbling authoritarian regime.[6] After not leaving the palace for quite some time, Chancellor Elena Vernham becomes increasingly paranoid and unstable and turns to a volatile soldier, Herbert Zubak, as an unlikely confidant. As Zubak's influence over the chancellor grows, Elena's attempts to expand her power eventually result in the palace and the country fracturing around her."

HBO I think as that what comes up before every episode.

"The Regime" Trying very hard to be a modern version of "The Great" but coming nowhere even close. So far, we have watched 2 episodes and are deciding whether to toss it.

It's only 6 episodes but yeah it's a bit of a challenge. I with watch Kate Winslet in anything, but were it not for her I'd have bailed. I stuck it out, it gets crazier!

I caught Big Sky in mid seasons by accident years ago watching on broadcast TV. I didn't know what was really going on, but it interested me enough to look into the series. It wasn't rated that well, and I read a lot of negative comments, so I didn't bother tying to get into it. I don't even recall coming across it since. I've heard since that it gets worse over time and that the format changed for the third season where they are solving crimes every week, which may not be bad, that's what they do on Longmire and various other crime dramas.

I started watching Big Sky during Covid. Too many pretty people make it unbelievable. All the women look like models and I don't like Ryan Phillipe.

Back
Top Bottom