What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Started watching Elite, about a private school in spain.

I've been watching "Indian Matchmaking" on Netflix. True, this is not high-brow entertainment, but a little silliness from time-to-time can't do much harm. This series does make me glad that I no longer date. I feel sorry for these 20- and 30-somethings with their ticking biological clocks and their overwhelming FOMO. Are these dreamers fully aware of just how spectacularly imperfect marriage and children can be? We elderly folks on the other side of the dating game have seen enough disasters to have a more healthy, balanced POV, IMO. That said, whenever I do meet someone with (what appears to be) a perfect marriage and kids I tip my hat in congratulations - no jealousy on my part whatsoever. :popcorn:

I finished Dark from Netflix last night. Dang confusing to remember who is who if you spread it out. I did like it.

DW and I have been watching Alias, Eureka, Chuck and Grimm on Amazon. Fun escapism.

I'm watching The Night Manager on Amazon which is well done.

I just finished "La Mante" on Netflix and really liked it.
It's 6 episode (complete) French drama about copycat serial killer replicating murders that another serial killer committed decades ago. Lots of twists and turns, I binged watched it in 3 nights.

Anyone else watching Dark on Netflix?

We have one episode left on season 3 and have no idea what is going on. Strange that I still like it.

Edit: See, this is the problem, my younger self posted this and I am just now reading it.

I'm on season 3 episode 5 of Dark. If you like puzzles, this is the series for you! I re watched season 1 episode 1 before starting season 3. That helped a lot. I love it, it makes me wind and rewind. Forces my brain to think.

Started watching Into the Dark (or Night, not sure)...

Surprised how many foreign language shows I am watching on Netflix... right now Russian, German, French, Turkish and Portuguese.. but dropping the Portuguese one as it is not holding my interest...

The Umbrella Academy Season 2 is now out on Netflix. I've got the old person disease and I can't remember how Season 1 ended! Thank goodness DH remembered!

I really enjoyed Season 1. I hope Season 2 is as good...

Last edited:
I'm on season 3 episode 5 of Dark. If you like puzzles, this is the series for you! I re watched season 1 episode 1 before starting season 3. That helped a lot. I love it, it makes me wind and rewind. Forces my brain to think.

Like first season the best.

Then they really expanded the timelines and characters of different ages and then alternate worlds and such.

I think probably to make a certain number of episodes, they expanded the scope of the show, at the expense of coherence and storytelling.

Like first season the best.

Then they really expanded the timelines and characters of different ages and then alternate worlds and such.

I think probably to make a certain number of episodes, they expanded the scope of the show, at the expense of coherence and storytelling.

It is one of the few times, other than maybe growing up in Alabama, where your brother could also be your father, uncle, son, and nephew.

It is one of the few times, other than maybe growing up in Alabama, where your brother could also be your father, uncle, son, and nephew.
Ha! I was disappointed with the last episode. All the time travel and alternate universe, gritty fun episodes to end with one event that caused it all. And that event was barely referenced in all 3 seasons. Maybe that's life and we don't realize it. We're here for one event, then done.:flowers:

I'm about to finish Babylon Berlin on Netflix - it's a suspense/crime drama taking place in late 20s early 30s Berlin. Excellent! I also finally watched Breaking Bad and it turned out as good as everyone was claiming.

"Before We Die". Swedish (noir, of course) cop show with a lot of twists and turns. 10 episodes. Mystery is solved but there is a second season and the way S1 ends leads me to believe that S2 will start with that as the premise. Subtitled. PBS. B+ IMO

Just started, on Amazon, "The Missing". This is the predecessor to 'Baptiste" that recently ran on PBS. A slightly younger Retired detective Julien Baptiste is the central character trying to find a boy who disappeared 8 years earlier. Primarily in English with a small amount of French dialogue, both with and without subtitles. I give it an A- based on one episode.

Last edited:
The Umbrella Academy Season 2 is now out on Netflix. I've got the old person disease and I can't remember how Season 1 ended! Thank goodness DH remembered!...
Can't remember how it ended? I watched Season 1 and can't even remember what it was about! Pretty sure I did like it though. I guess I have Old Person Disease really bad!

We have one episode left on season 3 and have no idea what is going on. Strange that I still like it.

Edit: See, this is the problem, my younger self posted this and I am just now reading it.

Yes, Season 3 really went weird... Since they gave the voice explanation of the events, it seems even the producers knew it was bad.

tonite we finished the first 3-seasons of Line of Duty on AMC. we enjoyed it immensely. S4 is avsilable free on either Netflix or Prime so we’ll start that. S5 and S6 are not free so we will have to wait until that changes.

"The Last Narc" Prime. Documentary that overwhelms the senses. Very well done. Deep dive into a conspiracy (not a theory) involving cartel leaders and CIA.

Rianne,

Do you mean the material in the entertainment was accurate and proven, or that it was just a theory?

A conspiracy can be proven to have occurred, but in the case of the CIA, much of what they do and have done, can be told in such a way as to sound pretty terrible - and, they have likely done some terrible things. But, proving these sorts of things takes a lot of access and material - usually there is something like what could have happened, but likely was different.

Comes down to, in most cases, trust.

I'm on the fence on the totality of truth in any product designed to produce money.

Not a show, but have been watching Leeann Morgan’s comedy bits on youtube. I laugh till I cry. She’s a southern comedian whose life experiences and observations mirror ours.

Back
Top Bottom