What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

They are dubbed so not as bad as you might think.... just have to get used to that old Chinese film problem of the lips not matching the voice...

Edit to add... just say Breaking Bad in my list... another one to start!

As far as lips not quite matching we don't have the best internet so sometimes that happens anyway.

A shame ... there are GREAT non English entertainment products out.

The best and easiest to follow are the ones where the native language is subtitled, not dubbed ... and, by watching, you might pick up a few non English words, not to mention the incredible cultural experience.

Just a personal feeling. I would rather watch a movie or read a book. .combining the two doesn't work for me.

As far as lips not quite matching we don't have the best internet so sometimes that happens anyway.

I find the dubbing much better these days than in the old days, and I also find I'm not looking at their lips talking as I'm looking at the entire scene and the background.

Compared to having to read a translation (which are not actually accurate either) I'd rather have dubbing so I don't miss seeing the scene.

I find the dubbing much better these days than in the old days, and I also find I'm not looking at their lips talking as I'm looking at the entire scene and the background.

Compared to having to read translations (which are not actually accurate either) I'd rather have dubbing so I don't miss seeing the scene.

Some of the dubbing actors/actresses aren't very good in some of the shows, which is unfortunate, but I'd rather watch shows dubbed than having to read subtitles, as I tend to like to multi-task while watching (knitting, surfing the net, etc) and I really can't read while I do these activities.

I watched a Korean period drama (TV show) on Netflix called Kingdom which was really good (If you like shows with zombies, you'll like this. The zombie scenes were extensive and very well-done.), but it was interesting that the dubbing actors/actresses had a strong Korean accent. I found this interesting because that wasn't the case with other (non-period) Korean shows I watched on Netflix.

Just finished watching "Stateless" on Netflix a limited series based upon a true story of an Australian permanent resident who was unlawfully detained under the Australian Government's mandatory detention program.

It was a troubling story that showed some of the hardship and emotional trauma that asylum seekers face and the effect it has on them and those that are involved in their detention.

If you have been less than sympathetic to the plight of refugees I strongly recommend that you watch this excellent portrayal of the reality that they face.

Agree with you - it is troubling but it's worthwhile. (Based on 2 episodes, so far).

"Deep Waters", a four episode Aussie police procedural (Netflix). I'd give it a B.

Lenox Hill on Netflix. A documentary on mostly oncology docs in NYC. Follows life of several docs & nurses and patients. Most of the episodes hit a bit close to home as Mrs Scrapr passed from cancer. But I can't stop watching. The docs and nurses do show a lot of empathy. Although one doc was trying to console a brain cancer patient by saying that at least with brain cancer it's not a painful death.

Lenox Hill on Netflix. A documentary on mostly oncology docs in NYC. Follows life of several docs & nurses and patients. Most of the episodes hit a bit close to home as Mrs Scrapr passed from cancer. But I can't stop watching. The docs and nurses do show a lot of empathy. Although one doc was trying to console a brain cancer patient by saying that at least with brain cancer it's not a painful death.

We watched 2 episodes, DW does not like documentaries so she didn't like it much.
I was amazed at how personal it gets with the doctors... we get to see and hear some pretty intimate personal details, which makes it quite a powerful documentary.

We watched 2 episodes, DW does not like documentaries so she didn't like it much.
I was amazed at how personal it gets with the doctors... we get to see and hear some pretty intimate personal details, which makes it quite a powerful documentary.

It's non fiction, not sure I'd peg it as a documentary ..more like a reality series that is actually real and not staged. And yes it's amazing, the pandemic bonus show is sobering and uplifting at the same time.. I urge everyone to watch it.

I just started watching Girls From Ipanema on Netflix. ... A lot of fun if you like Rio, late 50's fashion, strong beautiful women and bossa nova :)

Thanks for the hint. I watched the first episode. The lead actress (Maria Carolina Casadevall Gonzaga - wow, that's a mouthful :) ) is definitely 'watchable'. This is the first time I've heard spoken Portuguese. It sounds quite a bit different than Spanish - more than I expected. I don't know how long I'll stay with the series, but it might be a nice diversion from time to time. :popcorn:

Finished Hannah season 2 on Amazon Prime. Good tie in from Season 1, decent story build through the Episodes and good set-up for Season 3.

Series is basically about a secret group training stolen baby girls to be assassins. Lot more to it, but don't want to give too much away. :O)

You *really* see that on the last episode which was an add-on episode showing what they were/are dealing with in the age of COVID. The neurosurgeons were helping out on the ICU and med surg floors...it was very eye opening. I also encourage others to watch...probably the best show I have seen in a long time.

I binge watched Deadwater Fell on Acorn last night.

A nice, dark, twisty Brit mystery starring David Tennant.

Just finished watching Hanna Season 2. It was very good. I enjoyed Season 1 a lot, but I thought Season 2 without the chemistry of Mireille Enos of the first season (They played in the Killings together and they were superb as well.) might not be very good, but I enjoy Season 2 very much.

Just finished watching Hanna Season 2. It was very good. I enjoyed Season 1 a lot, but I thought Season 2 without the chemistry of Mireille Enos of the first season (They played in the Killings together and they were superb as well.) might not be very good, but I enjoy Season 2 very much.

to our surprise we enjoyed both but thought S1 was just a hair better than S2. looking forward to S3.

Finally watching Downton Abbey. Season 2 already. Can't seem to stop watching it...

Finally watching Downton Abbey. Season 2 already. Can't seem to stop watching it...

Downton Abbey is fantastic. Very much my thing. I couldn't stop watching it either. The Dowager Countess is a wonderful character!

We finally settled on binge watching Breaking Bad. At times it felt like we were the last in the world to watch this show.

Don't tell me anything. Somehow, I've managed to miss most spoilers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom