A Different Road To ER

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Today I was writing an old friend, and I realized that he had an interesting road to ER. In fact, he scarcely ever worked. His lifelong passions- he is early 70s now- were and are fly-fishing in the Sierra Nevada, bicycle racing, and women- more or less in that order.

He graduated form an Eastern college in 1954. For a graduation man-to-man his Dad took him to dinner at the Country Club. Returning from the men's room, the Dad gestured expansively, and said-"Son, these are our people!" Dick ( my buddy) said he didn't really think so and left that night for San Francisco.

In SF he sold vacuum cleaners door to door until he met and married a nurse. They bought a house in the Sunset District. He mostly took care of the kids, and did occasional house painting. He had plenty time off for riding, and at least some time for fishing.

They sold out an moved up here. He didn't like standing in the rain to fish, and it was harder
to make good money house painting, so he started spending a lot of time back in San Francisco. One of his fishing buddies invited him over for dinner. His friend's daughter, a law student who looks pretty much like Uma Thurman, was there. She and Dick hit it off.

Back in the north, his wife was getting tired of this system, and the kids were grown, so they divorced. Dick moved in with his new friend, and held her hand and carried her water while she tried to endure law school. She made it, got a good job, and she and dick married. He was 65, she was 28.

He still rides, still fishes with her Dad, and he and Uma still seem to be snug as bugs. I don't think Dick ever planned anything. But he is quite good looking even now, and a very charming person.

So, guys, what'll it be? LBYM, SWR, and Roll-Back-Days at WalMart, or marriage to young, beautiful, hard working wives?

The choice is yours :)

Mikey

So, guys, what'll it be? LBYM and SWR or marriage to young, beautiful, hard working wives?

The choice is yours :)

Mikey

My chocie is to have a pretty, rich, loving, caring wife. This is day dreaming, of course.

My chocie is to have a pretty, rich, loving, caring wife. This is day dreaming, of course.
Hey Spanky, I am sure your wife is all these things except maybe rich. :)

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom