Sometime life just sucks!

whitestick

Recycles dryer sheets
Got sh***y news today. Apparently DW has a very rare form of aggressive cancer, that so far I have been told, the doctors don't know what causes it, don't know how to cure it, and because it's multiple microscopic tumors in the abdomen, they can't even operate on it and get it all. She worked hard taking care of me, her parents, my parents, our daughter, and now when she really looked forward to playing with the grandkids, this happens.
For a big strapping guy, it's really hard to hide the tears, to keep a positive face for her. I know she's looking for me to lie to her and tell her that everything will be alright and say it as though I really believe it, but, it's difficult. I've looked at the support groups and the information on the web, but it is apparently so rare, that there is just not much there - and what is, is not good news. Not looking for sympathy, just maybe the next good trade you make, send part of it to the Cancer Foundation. Maybe it will help with Karma! :(

So sorry to read your post. Saying a little prayer for your wife and you tonight and that doctors will find good treatment options for her.

Oh, so sorry for you and your family. But please don't give up hope; miracles do happen...options do change. Continue to press her doctors for the best treatment options available; she's going to need you to be her advocate more now than any time in your marriage, and together you're going to fight for her life.

I'm praying for her tonight -- and for you -- hoping to send you the strength you will need for this battle. God bless.

Make a call to Cancer Treatment Centers of America, I don't know their 800 number, but I know about them because my business partner's wife is going there...........

Best wishes......:)

Got sh***y news today. Apparently DW has a very rare form of aggressive cancer, that so far I have been told, the doctors don't know what causes it, don't know how to cure it, and because it's multiple microscopic tumors in the abdomen, they can't even operate on it and get it all. She worked hard taking care of me, her parents, my parents, our daughter, and now when she really looked forward to playing with the grandkids, this happens.
For a big strapping guy, it's really hard to hide the tears, to keep a positive face for her. I know she's looking for me to lie to her and tell her that everything will be alright and say it as though I really believe it, but, it's difficult. I've looked at the support groups and the information on the web, but it is apparently so rare, that there is just not much there - and what is, is not good news. Not looking for sympathy, just maybe the next good trade you make, send part of it to the Cancer Foundation. Maybe it will help with Karma! :(

I don't know where you live, but I would hightail it to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. Miracles occur daily there.........:)

Good luck to you and your wife Whitestick. I am sorry to hear about this.

Ha

Whitestick - I'm terribly sorry to hear of this news. I wish you and your wife the best. DW and I and will keep you two in our thoughts and prayers.

R

Whitestick,

I am sorry to hear the bad news. I know it is a difficult situation. I wish the best for you, your DW, and family.

I don't know where you live, but I would hightail it to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. Miracles occur daily there.........:)

Whitestick, I second FinanceDude's suggestion about the Mayo Clinic. They helped my aunt when no one else could.

whitestick, I hope you can find the care she needs. You will need to be strong but you might consider seeking counseling either individually or as a couple.. don't feel like you have to go it alone, even if you are a 'big, strapping guy'. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Yes, as others have said, I would quickly check out one of the major cancer centers. You do hear of hopeless cases that have been turned around. I wouldn't give up. I wish nothing but the best for you two.

Terrible news at any time of life, but particularly poignant just before you both enter what you hoped would be a joyous and free retirement.

Still, I've yet to see any type of cancer where there aren't at least some great treatment results or spontaneous remissions or stabilization.

Best wishes to you and family.

Whitestick, I'm so sorry for you & your wife . Miracles do sometimes happen & I hope your wife is one of those cases .

Whitestick, I am so sorry. We have a friend that continues to defy the odds with colon cancer due to the extraordinary efforts of MD Anderson in Texas.
You are in our prayers.

Whitestick,
Thanks for letting us know about your situation. We'll be pulling for you, your wife, and your family. The body is full of amazing and complicated interconnected systems from the molecular to the "whole individual person" level. We understand some of this and are learning more every day. Just as there are cases where these systems let us down and cause illness, there are many cases in which the systems start to work in unexpectedly favorable ways to overcome these diseases.

All the best.

My mom, and her doctors, beat back incurable cancer for eight years.

Take care of her, and take care of yourself. Best of luck in these difficult times.

Whitestick, I am so sorry to hear this news. I will include you and your wife in my prayers.

Whitestick,
I'm so sorry about your wife but hope you can find a good treatment for her.

Whitestick, very story about the news. My prayers are with you and your family.

Whitestick tie that knot and hang on! Thanks for letting us know of your family crisis so that we can all direct our caring your way. God speed.

I am so sorry to hear this news. M. D. Anderson would be where I would be heading ASAP.

I'm sorry to hear your news. However, keep in mind that someone always beats the odds and there is no reason to not believe it will be your wife.

Keep us updated as to her progress.

Back
Top Bottom