Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Matt Ryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Car-Guy

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
In your opinion, who is the best (so far) overall Quarterback in the NFL for the 2014 season? (Poll was limited to the top 10 as currently listed on ESPN's website for 2014 season leaders. (NFL Total QBR - 2014 Season Leaders) http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Or you can pick other.

It was a 3 way tie for me (Rodgers, Brady and Manning) But I ended up voting for Manning.

Last edited:
2014 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

As you can see from this stat sheet, Aaron Rodgers has by far the best quarterback rating. He has the best TD to interception ratio by far as well. He would get my vote. Peyton Manning is second. If DeMarco Murray reaches 2000 yds rushing then he may deserve the MVP but I still think Rodgers in the best quarterback and the MVP of the 2014 season.

If everything else was equal (OL, WR, RB), I'm not sure who would come out on top stat wise. Also, I don't think stats are everything, as how do you measure leadership, calm under pressure, and other subjective factors. Nevertheless, personally I like Rodgers overall qualities the best.

If everything else was equal (OL, WR, RB), I'm not sure who would come out on top stat wise. Also, I don't think stats are everything, as how do you measure leadership, calm under pressure, and other subjective factors. Nevertheless, personally I like Rodgers overall qualities the best.

Fully agree. Stats aren't everything. I would think many people might consider the stats in developing their opinion, but as you point out, there are many other factors that come into play. (That is why I created the poll)

+1 on Rodgers.

At this point in time for this particular season, it almost isn't even a debatable topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I would have started this thread before Rodgers stellar performance last night:LOL: He was impressive.

I wouldn't try to argue that he is the best QB in the league (Rodgers is on another level), but to not have Russell Wilson on that list is misguided. He is better than 5 QB's on that list. He is not a stat monster... but what he does behind very suspect pass protection is dynamic... so much fun to watch. He's 15th in the league in RUSHING. :eek:

If I were on the playground and had first pick it would definitely be Russell Wilson. His legs and arm provide decent stats but his mind and instincts are unmatched.

Although I consider Tom Brady as one of the best QBs of all time I voted for Rodgers. He has the best stats and he is in my opinion the best in 2014 and with his performance last night he pretty much has a lock on the MVP award.

Luck

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Was putting Romo on the list a practical joke? :LOL:

About the only thing more humorous would be putting Cutler there instead :)

As of today, I say the most consistent is Rodgers so I'd pick him. His stats are incredible. But over the span of a career, things aren't so easy.

Is it Brady with all his Superbowl rings? Or Manning with all his MVPs?

The "best" is very both objective and subjective. For example, Eli has won more super bowls than several on the list, but he's not even mentioned.

Oh. I decided to choose "other" :D

Oh.. okay..I re-read the poll. best for 2014....I pick then, who wins the Super Bowl is the best QB :cool:

Last edited:
Rodgers based on the TD/INT ratio plus his ability to get yards with his legs. Brady would be my second choice and probably Wilson 3rd though he has the benefit of a very very good defense that Rodgers doesn't (that was pretty clear last night when Julio torched them)

I've been a Broncos fan since their inception. I think Peyton is the master at on-field play calling, but he has not been as sharp in execution this year as his past years as a Bronco. I voted for Aaron Rogers. I would love to see a Super Bowl between the two teams.

I wouldn't try to argue that he is the best QB in the league (Rodgers is on another level), but to not have Russell Wilson on that list is misguided. He is better than 5 QB's on that list. He is not a stat monster... but what he does behind very suspect pass protection is dynamic... so much fun to watch. He's 15th in the league in RUSHING. :eek:

The Seahawks were not taken seriously for much of the 2014 season by a sports media group think that is very biased in favor of eastern and mid-west teams, IMHO. Their belief system simply does not allow for a team from Seattle to be competitive. It is not in their paradigm.

Manning by a mile. Forget the silly stats, he's the thinking man's QB.

The fact that his Dad is Archie (think NO Saint's) has nothing to do with it.

heh heh heh - The fact I lived 30 yrs in NO has also not swayed my clear headed judgement. :LOL: :LOL: :dance: :rolleyes:

Was putting Romo on the list a practical joke? :LOL:

About the only thing more humorous would be putting Cutler there instead :)

I'm not a fan of Romo at all but the guy has the second best quarterback rating in the league and he's the leader of a very solid playoff team-possibly the 3rd best team in the NFC. I think he deserves to be on the list this year although he is towards the bottom end.

Cutler is way worse than Romo.

I'm not a fan of Romo at all but the guy has the second best quarterback rating in the league and he's the leader of a very solid playoff team-possibly the 3rd best team in the NFC. I think he deserves to be on the list this year although he is towards the bottom end.

Cutler is way worse than Romo.

I agree on both counts. Romo has taken so much undeserved crap over the years. Once you get labeled it is hard to shake even if stats prove otherwise... Perfect example was last years 51-48 loss to Denver and all media wanted to do was blame him for the last pick, despite D getting torched all game. Even Aiken has said Romo is a better QB than he was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a Packer fan I of course voted for Rodgers. We are so spoiled, first Favre for like a hundred years and then Rodgers. Can't get any better than that.

But for the best in the NFL you would have to consider JJ Watt! What a monster.

Though we're Pats fans, DW a lifelong fan, I voted Rodgers without hesitation. Manning and Brady are consistently great passers, but so is Rodgers and his mobility is a weapon the other two just don't offer. Brady stunk passing against San Diego, and Rodgers was more accurate than Brady the week before when they went head to head at GB. In that game Rodgers had several passes that couldn't have been any better hitting receivers perfectly in stride. Pats receivers had to work harder to catch what Brady threw at them.

Manning's defense reads-play calling/adjustments are amazing. I've heard it said 'he's the smartest QB who'p ever played the position' AND 'he's one of the best offensive coordinators alive and he's still playing QB.' If he's so inclined, it would not surprise me if his coaching career doesn't surpass his Hall of Fame QB status.

And it would not surprise me to see Andrew Luck develop into a Hall of Fame QB, he's been impressive in the games I've seen.

Life long Pats fan (since playing pee-wee football on the "Patriots"). I'll admit if you only look at 2014 ... Rodgers. If you're looking a careers .... Brady by a long shot. FIVE Superbowl appearances.

Nothing else maters.

Life long Pats fan (since playing pee-wee football on the "Patriots"). I'll admit if you only look at 2014 ... Rodgers. If you're looking a careers .... Brady by a long shot. FIVE Superbowl appearances.

Nothing else maters.

It's too soon to put Rodgers in the best all time rankings but Brady is not above Manning. Manning is quite a bit better. Brady has been on better teams, that doesn't make him better. Terry Bradshaw has 4 Superbowl rings but he's not in the top 10 best all time.

Nothing else maters.
Brady is great but his 3 SB wins all happened 9 or more years ago. He and the Pats lost their last two SB's to the NY Giants, even though the Pats were the odds on favorites. In 2008, the Giants had a 10-6 regular season record vs the undefeated Pats. That SB loss has been called one of the greatest upsets ever, it was painful to watch. And the Brady Pats got a chance to redeem themselves in 2012, and lost again.

I'm married to a Pats fan, and don't root against them, but Brady's SB successes were quite a while ago...the last nine years matter.

Not pertinent to 2014, but Montana hasn't been bested yet IMO.

Last edited:
If J.J. Watt was a quarterback, he'd get all the votes down this way....but, I vote for Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom