Dave Grohl FI, RE? why?

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/08/foo-fighters-dave-grohls-frugal-spending-habits.html

"It's safe to say Grohl's success is well-earned — but, though he enjoys the benefits of his lucrative career, he still watches his spending.

When asked what he does with all his cash during an interview with The Red Bulletin, Grohl said, "It goes straight into my bank account, where it turns all moldy and smelly."

Even when Nirvana hit it big and Grohl got his first credit card, he stayed frugal. His inaugural purchase on the card was a dinner at Hibachi chain Benihana.

Though he says that money allows him the freedom to pursue the projects he wants without worry, it's never his top priority. "I don't waste my time thinking about how I could make more when I already got enough," he tells The Red Bulletin. "I'm not a banker, I'm a musician."

That viewpoint carries over into his personal life as well: "I drive a family car — not a monster SUV, but a family car that fits five people," he says. "I've got a house that is just big enough, too."

Grohl is not pure practicality: He also owns a $140,000 Tesla which he acknowledges is 'impractical' and 'the stupidest thing.'"

Looks like he does what he loves and doesn't worry about retiring. The money is just a happy adjunct. Nice.

Dave Grohl is an amazingly down to earth human with a great connection to his fans. Foo fighters rock!

Nice to see he is as intelligent and thoughtful as he comes across in other interviews.

Helluva funny guy too (he is in some of the Tenacious D videos)

Highly recommend the docufilm “Sound City”, directed by DG, about the famous LA studio.

One humorous anecdote from the film: Nirvana drove a beat up van from Seattle to LA to record Nevermind. Grohl/Nirvana had never played with a click track, and the recording engineer suggested they use a click track, because the band was prone to speed up as songs progressed. Grohl replied “Can’t we speed up a little”... But, apparently, Grohl immediately locked on to the beat.

Back
Top Bottom