NFL: 2020 Season

.... Carroll was fired by the Pats when they hired Belichuk. Since that time their records have been very consistent.

Perhaps their regular season or overall win-loss records have been consistent (I didn't look but took your word for it) but post season results have been very different.

2010-2019 (Carroll started with the Seahawks in 2010)
  • Playoffs .... 8 Seahawks vs 10 Patriots
  • Division championships... 4 Seahawks vs 10 Patriots
  • Conference championships... 2 Seahawks vs 5 Patriots
  • Super Bowl wins... 1 Seahawks vs 3 Patriots
WADR, it ain't close.

But then the question becomes why Carroll sucked so bad while he was the Patriot's head coach.... I remember those years, he was awful. OTOH, arguably Brady's skills made Belichick look good... and vice versa.

Brady, Gronk..... Who?

Nope.

Russell Wilson. Smile when you say the name.

Even though I am a Brady (and Gronk) and Patriots fan, I do smile when I think of Russell Wilson. A great player who is a lot of fun to watch, albeit sometimes frustrating when the opposing team is one of my teams.

I think he is hugely underrated... he should legitimately be thought of as one of the best QBs in the league. And given the fact that he has a handicap of having to play for Pete Carroll that is a great accomplishment.

It was painful watching the Cowboys game last night and seeing Dak's ankle injury... somewhat reminded me of Joe Theisman's injury. Let's hope that it wasn't as bad as it appeared.

It was painful watching the Cowboys game last night and seeing Dak's ankle injury... somewhat reminded me of Joe Theisman's injury. Let's hope that it wasn't as bad as it appeared.

I did not watch the play but read about. That's tough.

Irony too as another football news story was the 1st game back for Alex Smith after his gruesome leg injury.

It was a sadly ironic day... Alex Smith, returns to QB after a horrific leg injury and infection that threatened his life. Just as he returns, Dak goes out... from what i have read so far, the timelime seems to be 4-6 months for recovery. Fortunate that (for now) it does not seem as bad as the Smith or Theismann injury in terms of recovery. I wish him the best, I am not a Cowboys fan (and what an awful year to be a New York football fan), but I root against teams, not players health.

It will be interesting to see what the Cowboys do with Dak's contract. They could not come to a long term agreement and he was playing under the 1 year franchise tag.

WADR, it ain't close.

But then the question becomes why Carroll sucked so bad while he was the Patriot's head coach.... I remember those years, he was awful. OTOH, arguably Brady's skills made Belichick look good... and vice versa.
Without question, Brady is in a class by himself. This seaason will be a test of Belichick.

Surprised to see the Chiefs lost at home, to the 2-2 Raiders?

Surprised to see the Seahawks won after all, I gave up on them at the half and let DW switch to HGTV and I went to sleep. Oops.

Awful to see Dak’s injury. Long recovery, couldn’t have happened at a worse time for his contract situation.

Last edited:
Well, I can't feel too sorry for Dak financially. Read that the franchise tag brings him a $31+ million dollar salary this year. If you have to set out, he should be able to it in comfort.

Even though I am a Brady (and Gronk) and Patriots fan, I do smile when I think of Russell Wilson. A great player who is a lot of fun to watch, albeit sometimes frustrating when the opposing team is one of my teams.

I think he is hugely underrated... he should legitimately be thought of as one of the best QBs in the league. And given the fact that he has a handicap of having to play for Pete Carroll that is a great accomplishment.

One of the many problems Seattle has is that it has always been thought of as being at the "End of the Line" in the lower 48. It's kind of tucked away up in a corner So, it doesn't get much respect from a sports news media which is fixated on the East Coast, Mid-West and South, IMO.

I will agree that Carroll may not be that great. Still he did deliver one Super Bowl title, which is one more than most other teams have had in the past decade or so. The late Paul Allen tried hard to put together a winning team and his heirs have kept up the effort. If only the Mariners did half as well.......

One of the many problems Seattle has is that it has always been thought of as being at the "End of the Line" in the lower 48. It's kind of tucked away up in a corner So, it doesn't get much respect from a sports news media which is fixated on the East Coast, Mid-West and South, IMO.

This map highlights both the isolation of Seattle, *and* the density of teams in the East/Northeast.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...imX4-Iq8&ll=37.55548984657201,-96.7979929&z=5

With the juggling around of make up games, feels like free games to watch. A good deal, say if you are retired and have nothing else better to do :).

This afternoon, 5pm EST is the Cheifs vs Bills, on FOX.

I'm indifferent on all four teams, but I sure didn't expect Tampa Bay to throttle the Packers :confused: And it looks like the Browns had a wake up call from the Steelers too.

Last edited:
Do I get TWO guesses why not? :D

OK, here's a question: What grade (A, B, C, D, F) did the sports reporter John McClain give the defense's game play effort for the game yesterday? (You can add a + or - to the grade).

LOL

Last edited:
No letter grades here, I'm a numbers guy (see sig.). I've got JJ working on it now:

Attachments

• JJ.JPG
    JJ.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 19
I'm indifferent on all four teams, but I sure didn't expect Tampa Bay to throttle the Packers :confused: And it looks like the Browns had a wake up call from the Steelers too.

Watched that Packers game. I think the hit (legal, hard hit) near the goal line when Rodgers tried to dive in for the TD was the key play of the game.

Though Rodgers didn't have a concussion, he seemed off the mark pretty much rest of the game. His throws weren't right on target like usual, and even had a delay of game penalty. I think the next two possessions were the back to back interceptions.

I'm not going to say anything about the Texans game. :blush:
I have sworn I won't watch football this year (especially a Texan game) so this is particularly good news for me to hear...

To be honest, I've cheated a couple of times and watched a few Tampa Bay games :blush:.... Wouldn't it be great to see the new Brady Bunch :LOL: make it to the playoffs (or dare I say even the SB)... I absolutely loved the game yesterday watching them whip-up on Rodgers and his boys.

Last edited:
I'm watching a very sweet Cardinals game. Announcers doing their all to get DAL back in the game.

I'm a fan of Kliff Kingsbury..I could even say the Cardinals are my #2 team.

But even with the loss the injury bitten Cowboys maintained their lofty position atop the NFC Least.

I have sworn I won't watch football this year (especially a Texan game) so this is particularly good news for me to hear...

To be honest, I've cheated a couple of times and watched a few Tampa Bay games :blush:.... Wouldn't it be great to see the new Brady Bunch :LOL: make it to the playoffs (or dare I say even the SB)... I absolutely loved the game yesterday watching them whip-up on Rodgers and his boys.

I thought it would more likely be the inverse... TB on the receiving end of a whupping... shows you what I know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom