2022 Investment Performance Thread

First day of full joint retirement. This is similar to my occured at the juncture of my retirement Apr. 1, 2020. SHTF for sure.

Below is monthly tracking of investments and cash, without performance numbers, just ups and downs, slings and arrows.

50/50 balanced fund (https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/RLBGX/) benchmark is -13.38 YTD. Our balance has decreased approx 13.5% since Jan 1.

We're prepared for another leg down in the market. My guess is at least -10% more to come for stocks. That YTD picture is bloodshot. https://finviz.com/map.ashx?st=ytd
:facepalm:

Edit: Here's the lead story in Yahoo today: Stocks shake off losses after S&P 500's worst first half since 1970. Okay, rub it in for clicks!

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
It will be an ugly one!! I can't get logged in on one of my accounts maybe they closed the doors because there is no money left. I can say with the other accounts I could see today, I will be down a lot.
That Million Club NW-Bound talked about in an earlier post I was a member of that last month and still a member this month. I'm sure many more in that same club. Will report in when I can see my last account info.

My mom always told me if I can't say something "positive", just don't say anything at all. Soooooo,

th

Last edited:
-14.26% YTD.

Fidelity shows the S&P500 at -19.96% YTD, so we're beating the benchmark. :confused:

Worst performers were our index funds, best were the dividend stocks (only -8.83% YTD)

BrianB

-14.26% YTD.

Fidelity shows the S&P500 at -19.96% YTD, so we're beating the benchmark. :confused:

Worst performers were our index funds, best were the dividend stocks (only -8.83% YTD)

BrianB

If using the S&P as benchmark, you must be at 100% stock allocation.

You are then one of the very few posters who go "all in".

You cry into your cheap beer, because that's all you can afford.
:LOL:

Down 14.0% on 2/3 stocks allocation, all-in. Still ahead of 1/1/2021 (spend adjusted), so I ask myself "if the market went sideways for the last 18 months, how would I feel". The answer is "not the same" :LOL:

^^^ You made me look.

Yes, I still have a sizeable gain from 1/1/2021. Hope I will not give up much of it.

I am rather attached to these gains, and hate to see them go.

Down just under 9% YTD. Equities at 58% of PV: US 40% and Intl. 18%.

-17.35% with 53% Stock/47% Bonds....

but hey, FAGIX gave me 833 and Total Bond gave me 312.....

-20.35% with 73/27 AA
down 7 figures now 3 months in a row since April , 2022

Jan: -8.62% as interest rates are on the move, FOMC rate hike talk, Ukrainian invasion fears, and Omicron Virus continues to run rampant.
Feb: -11.48% What goes up, must come down? Lots of uncertainty, I know I am feeling the same as the market. A sad month for some indeed as the war machine moves on. If I look at the longer term 8yr avg it makes me "feel better' averaging +27% returns.
Mar: -9% This time isn't different Was a fun little "whee" ride this month
Apr: -19.66% Ready for us to move forward, instead of two steps back
May: -21.8% Here's hoping for a better month in the markets
June: -28.5% I can't believe it's July already. How low can we go?

+0.12% YTD in the Green YTD. Primarily due to oil stocks that have pulled back quite a bit in the month of June.

My personal returns since retirement date.
2022: -15.2%
2021: +19.2%
2020: +12.2%
2019: +21.4%
2018: -3.8%

Threw some extra data to help me feel better [emoji3].

Down about 5.8% for the 1st half of the year, AA 34/47/19.

Still well ahead of my 2018 retirement numbers, so that is a comfort :).

AA = 100% equities (excluding rental properties/income)
YTD (6/30/22) = -23.14% (excluding rentals)

Last edited:
Threw some extra data to help me feel better [emoji3].

This is what I have to do to swallow the loss. If you consider the gain from Jan 2020, the ride was tough, but the end was just OK.

We are down -16% on cash flow and retirement accounts all in, but specific retirement funds are down -19% YTD. The ride up on growth stocks was a worse ride down. We have been closer to 76% equities for too long, only recently dropping into the 60's.

Currently sold short on SPY and looking for another 15% down or more next 6 to 8 months. It took me too long to smell the coffee......:mad:

Last edited:
Retirement portfolio YTD return through Q2 2022: -21.83% vs benchmark VTHRX (Vanguard Target 2030) -16.66%.

Stock/bond allocation follows VTHRX.

Down 17.85% YTD.

Go Wellesley! -10.03% YTD to 6/30/22. My portfolio -12.06% YTD on a 51s/46b/3c allocation

- 12.3% 45/31/24. Sure am glad I front loaded my IRA and 401K contributions - NOT!

+0.12% YTD in the Green YTD. Primarily due to oil stocks that have pulled back quite a bit in the month of June.

Also still hanging onto green (+3.4% YTD) although not long ago was up around 10% -- energy has gotten scalped the last 3-4 weeks.

YTD: -16.69%

I'm pretty happy with that with AA 85/10/5

Still our 2nd highest NW year and I just look at it as we lost some (well most but not all) of 2021 gains.

Down 17% on my invested assets.

(With NQDC and money I have set aside for a house we're going to buy, a lot less than that...but in the spirit of the portfolio question...17%)

Back
Top Bottom