2022 Tax Program Deals

I didn't read every single post, but COSTCO has TurboTax Deluxe with State Download for $56, with a $10 credit towards state E-filing.

Last edited:
Just got a flyer from Costco, TurboTax discounts effective 12/28 thru 1/22. Makes download versions of Deluxe Fed $36.99, Deluxe Fed+State $44.99 and Premier Fed+State $64.99.

I think Amazon may have even better prices at some point - same/similar to above with a $10 Amazon gift card included, essentially $10 less than Costco (unless you don’t plan to buy anything on Amazon).
Good to know the value of the Fidelity perk is ~$60.

Although if we didn’t have that perk we’d pay $37 for the Deluxe no state.somaybe we’re saving $32.

Last edited:
Losing a little faith in FreeTaxUSA. I put in a bogey for planning with my expected DIV and CG income as well as 1099-MISC "business" income for which it correctly calculated Self-Employment tax so it knows I have "earned" income. I also put in an IRA contribution for the amount of that earned income. I should be eligible for the Retirement Saving Credit given my AGI but it didn't show that.

This may not apply to you, but if you had an IRA or 401k withdrawal showing as income, you will not be eligible for the Retirement Saving Credit.

What qualifies as "private clients group" at Fido? I got TT for free via Fido last year as I qualified for "Fidelity Premium Services". But the only TT offer I see today is the "up to $20 off" that the peons ;) get.

Me too, but as in years past, just check every day and it varies later on as some days it eventually changes to “free”. ( it’s weird).

I spoke with our rep yesterday as part of previously scheduled call. Learned from his experience (long time Advisor) that 3 ways to be qualified.
1. Qualified as Active Trader (120 trades per year)
2. Premium Client/Private Client
3. Have 1 Million in non 401k retirement accounts (his phrasing suggesting that rollovers IRAs count in towards the MILLION
Any one of the above supposedly qualifies. He also admitted the tech guys tell the advisors it taken care but then he gets the "CALL" from clients like us asking "what the H" is going on."
He also told me I was qualified for sure and just use the link for the $20 discount which actually took me the choice for the $5 fee for downloading Premier. He also added the 'disclaimer" next year might be different. :cool: He said, worst case scenario TT might charge the higher amount but just send the invoice and Fido will pay.

I just logged into Fidelity again and the free link appeared on the home page..

Wasn't the case a few days ago when a lot of others here were saying they got the download version for $5.

Ugh. I should have waited a few hours more. I ended up paying the $5 fee for TT Premier download with free Fed and State.

Oh I paid $5.

With eh $20 discount it would have been $75.

Thanks. I used to use Deluxe years ago, but switched to Premier when I was exercising stock options. Sounds like a switch back is in order.

I was exactly in the same position as you-Premier when I had stock options etc. and now in retirement I’m back to Deluxe with no issues.

Something to keep in mind is that if you start with Deluxe and you answer a question or import a tax document that triggers a tax area that Deluxe doesn’t do easily, the program will give you the opportunity to upgrade to Premier (or Home & Business as appropriate) right there. Usually it’s $20. Give them your cc number and they unlock the upgrade. No need to buy a new set of software and start over. I think I get prompted every year to upgrade for my foreign tax credits. I don’t really recall. I always decline, yet I’m still able to produce an accurate Form 1116.

We’ve done foreign tax credits just fine in Deluxe.

I've had to enter the foreign income associated with those foreign tax credits.

Is there a more automated process than that?

Because looking at a dozen entries that I have to look up in the 1099s.

I've had to enter the foreign income associated with those foreign tax credits.

Is there a more automated process than that?

Because looking at a dozen entries that I have to look up in the 1099s.

Maybe not, don’t remember. No, they are not imported not even in Premier.

Just got a flyer from Costco, TurboTax discounts effective 12/28 thru 1/22. Makes download versions of Deluxe Fed $36.99, Deluxe Fed+State $44.99 and Premier Fed+State $64.99.

I think Amazon may have even better prices at some point - same/similar to above with a $10 Amazon gift card included, essentially $10 less than Costco (unless you don’t plan to buy anything on Amazon).

I've paid $45 the last few years on Amazon for TurboTax Premier (I think after the $10 gift card?). I bought right after Christmas.

Right now, Amazon has Premier for $83, the same price as Costco. I'll hold out for a couple of weeks and will pick it up at Costco for $65 if Amazon doesn't have it cheaper.

I use Premier to deal with ESPP/RSUs. Otherwise, I'd go with Deluxe.

I've paid $45 the last few years on Amazon for TurboTax Premier (I think after the $10 gift card?). I bought right after Christmas.

Right now, Amazon has Premier for $83, the same price as Costco. I'll hold out for a couple of weeks and will pick it up at Costco for $65 if Amazon doesn't have it cheaper.

I use Premier to deal with ESPP/RSUs. Otherwise, I'd go with Deluxe.

Supposedly TurboTax will be on sale at Amazon with $10 gift card on the 28th this year. (Last year it was the 26th).

https://slickdeals.net/f/16339165-s...software-w-10-amazon-gc-amazon-prices-vary-45

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll check back on the 28th.

I got an offer in the mail for H&R Deluxe (the level I need, as a homeowner with investments, no state tax) for $19.99. I don't think I'm going to beat that.

I wish I could beat the Single filing rate, but that would take quite a bit more work, risk, and sacrifice than I'm willing to put in, lol.

I got an offer in the mail for H&R Deluxe (the level I need, as a homeowner with investments, no state tax) for $19.99. I don't think I'm going to beat that.

I wish I could beat the Single filing rate, but that would take quite a bit more work, risk, and sacrifice than I'm willing to put in, lol.

Does that include state?

Thanks for the tip. I found Quicken for 40% off yesterday the 26th, but when I looked at TT it was still full price.

H&R Deluxe with State is $32.97 on Amazon. Not quite the $26 I paid last year, but inflation?

Yep, it is there. And, it is ONE dollar less than the Black Friday deal.

The bad news is that it is up $5 since last year.

Add that to "another example of inflation thread." Actually, I will right now.

Back
Top Bottom