2am, black friday shopping....someone smack me!

I tend to think for the most part, the FIRE crowd tends to be introverted and thus the thought of being among the early morning Black Friday throngs is about as appealing as the thought of a root canal.

Good for you, thefed. Wish I could have been there. :LOL:

I have NEVER done Black Friday shopping. I will NEVER do Black Friday shopping.

Any questions? :cool:

I never thought I'd shop on Black Friday, but I was curious...

Went to the mall at 9:30. A lot of people, but not too bad. I've seen it a lot worse on a normal weekend during the day. Around the mall, traffic was light, mall parking lot full, but I found parking almost immediately.

Bought 2 iPod Nanos for $138 and an iPod Touch for $268, at the Apple store. Good prices.

I then went to Costco and bought an LCD 32" 1080p TV for $450, and while waiting in line, realized I get $60 off with coupon. I also bought $60 iTune gift cards for $48 (20% off). They had iPod Nanos for $128, limit one. I was tempted to return the other one at the Apple store, and probably would have, if I could have bought two at Costco. Apparently, saving $20 is worth it for me, but $10 not so much. Mostly because it looked more people were hitting the stores.

Next I stopped by a local bakery to buy a pie for our Thanksgiving dinner. We were having it Friday night, instead of Thursday, because my spouse was working Wed/Thurs. 20% off of holiday pies.

I was skeptical of Black Friday shopping, but after this year, I might make this a yearly tradition... Of course, you'd never see me out there at 5am.

We were determined not to participate in Black Friday shopping, but ended up going to Barnes and Noble around 3 PM just for something to do. Surprisingly, there were several parking spaces available. Frank bought the new Clive Cussler book and we were just third in line at the checkout.

My buddy said his wife (who works in electronics at SprawlMart) had just called and said that the computer they had on sale for 'black friday' were all gone in a heart beat...s'posed to have had 33 on hand, but they only had 3 (ooops)...and about 100 people in line for them. She said they told the people that they were all out, but many of them just kept standing in line hoping they'd bring more out. She said they told there are no more...period! But they continued to wait in line anyway....duhhh!
I wonder if they had "presold" theirs to people who called in about it beforehand...

Walmart's Black Friday Rip-off - Business Center - PC World Business Center

front load washer (ours is near dead) later folks got a substitute model which may be good but I had not researched model. Orig price $1,200 got it for $600,

Good hunting!

I tend to think for the most part, the FIRE crowd tends to be introverted l.

Not me; I'll talk to anybody, and will start a conversation in a line just to get all those grumpy-looking people to crack a smile awreddy.

One thing that keeps me away from the sale lines: I get uncomfortable when I have to stand for long periods on a hard floor. It has been this way for me since my teenage years. Does this bother anybody else when shopping?

Amethyst

One thing that keeps me away from the sale lines: I get uncomfortable when I have to stand for long periods on a hard floor. It has been this way for me since my teenage years. Does this bother anybody else when shopping?

That, and the fact that I get a little "germ-ophobic" when I am surrounded too closely by masses of bleary-eyed, unwashed, drippy nosed, smelly, sneezing humanity for too long. Call me a snob. :LOL:

I wonder if they had "presold" theirs to people who called in about it beforehand...

She said that after a search of the stockroom by the grunts and management, they deduced that they'd been mistakenly place out on the sales floor weeks ago as regular stock....Oops! (don't know how other SprawlMarts are run, but our local store has always been one giant cluster-****)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom