60's Girl Groups

I wish I knew a woman named La La.

Ha

73, I am starting to worry about you. Maybe you would like an inflatable doll?

Ha

...( How about the name Jewel for a baby born in the '20s? Only Jewel I ever knew personally ws my Aunt Jewel. I think the name Jewel has gone the way of Elmer and Gertrude)....

Well, there is this Jewel today (her name from birth):

Nah, after 44 years DW is doing just fine, only thing is she can't sing.:D

Here's a good one for ya 73ss454. Oh, I've been married to my guy since '74 and can't sing either! Maybe that's why I love watching those who can;)

Whew, I got nothing for you guys from the 60s--only vaguely know of these lovely ladies. Here's the girl bands from my teen years (and with a cool car in the video):

I did hear an interesting interview with Robert Plant on NPR today that talked about the influence of blues music from the US on British bands of the 1960s like Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant: Born In England; Made In America : NPR

Sarah, looks like a 59 or 60 Buick, so you were in your teens at that time and your still working?

You're killing me, 73! I graduated high school in 1988 and dammit, yes, I'm turning 40 this year. :)

That is an awesome car for sure. I always swore I wouldn't get nostalgic for the sucky 80s music of my teens, but dang if I don't seem to know all the words when I (rarely) listen to the radio and some old REM or Violent Femmes song comes on.

I'm even contemplating an 80's cover band for our St. Pat's party this year...eeek!

I like all these girl group ones. These all have swing beats, which I like. The words pretty much put me to sleep, but I never listened to the words anyway.

Good selection 73!

Back
Top Bottom