After Job Interview: No News = Bad News?

What W2R said. Of course, in her current state of mind, she'll take anything they offer.
I can see that. Like it or not, experience is experience and for a first job, the experience is arguably more critical than the size of the offer. The first job out of college often has to be a compromise to get the experience that so many other opportunities will require.

Once you gain experience and prove yourself, then you can drive harder bargains when looking for work. (At least in a typical economy.)

Try to make sure she waits until she gets a written offer before she starts buying stuff and counting her chickens and everything.

I think she gets that. Here's the email I got from her this morning:
Hey, lets keep the job on the dl for now until everything is more certain and I have more details. Thanks!​

Sounds like she's got her head on straight. Hopefully she doesn't read these posts. :hide: Congrats to her again. :dance:

I feel the same way, but I have chosen not to say anything. It's a very reputable company, one of Fortune Magazine's 100 best companies to work for, so she's probably OK. But most of all, it's time for Dad to not be putting his 2 cents in.
I've noticed that the most frequently used empty-nesting parenting skill seems to be keeping one's mouth shut, except for an occasional "Congratulations!" or gratuitous outpouring of money...

Evidently, No News = Good News

Congrats!

tmm

I've noticed that the most frequently used empty-nesting parenting skill seems to be keeping one's mouth shut, except for an occasional "Congratulations!" or gratuitous outpouring of money...
Oh, yeah. And the effect multiplies when they have kids of their own, and you have an idea that you might have handled a situation just a tad differently. Best strategy: zip it up.

But it is funny watching your kids deal with your grandkids - you hear them saying the exact same thing you used to say, and for which they gave you endless flack back in the day.

Circles.

T-AL - congratulations to your daughter - I remember you telling me she was getting a degree in biomedical engineering. I'm sure she'll have an interesting career ahead.

And after moving from not telling them what to do as they grew up, now I'm finding I'm asking my kids for advice....

Back
Top Bottom