Amazon same day delivery

JustCurious

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today I ordered a gift card on Amazon to give as a Christmas gift, I wanted to get a physical gift card instead of an egift card so I could physically give it as a gift.

So I ordered the gift card at 12:07 p.m. eastern time today and the gift card arrived at my front door at 5:50 p.m., less than 6 hours later! That is unbelievable!

I wonder if they can process a gift card at a large number of distribution centers, at least covering populated areas (or maybe all of them)?

All they need to do is authorize the card (however that works, I don't know, but I assume some software and maybe a 'swipe'), stick it in an envelope, and slap your address on it, and since it's small it gets put on the next truck going near your home.

Still impressive, but the gift cards are a commodity, not unique like a specific product. It's not that different from a pizza delivery, actually, and I can get that within an hour, w/o a subscription service cost.

-ERD50

I was surprised to receive four miscellaneous items Sunday that I had ordered Saturday afternoon. How the . . There are some hardworking folk out there!

Back
Top Bottom