Any disc golfers out there?

Plantman

Recycles dryer sheets
I've just been recently introduced to this activity. I really like it. It's a good way to walk at least a mile and also get some other muscles moving while enjoying the great outdoors. I also appreciate that the courses are free(at least in my area). The equipment is inexpensive and there are plenty of instructional videos on YouTube. I'm steadily improving with each outing.

No, but you've piqued my interest. Following. There is a disc golf course just across the road from our subdivision, and my son is an avid disc golfer. I'll see if DS can show me the ropes, and if DW is interested.

I saw a course in the Woodlands while watching my kids play soccer... it seemed interesting but I could not get anybody else interested in playing so I never did go..

I also tried to get the kids to go to soccer golf... and they played soccer very well... but nothing...

15 to 20 years ago, I bought some of those discs and a rule book, then I never played. lol I had a family member that was in to it some until Pokémon Go came along. :LOL:

I am a disc golfer. While there are official courses and most are in public parks and free, friends and I play more casual game.

Hit the park, beach or farm with discs and drinks in hand.

Player 1 chooses the first "hole" and assigns the difficulty and any extra restrictions on the hole e.g. "target tree must be hit via a shot through the adjacent tire swing".

Players take turns choosing targets.

No course, no expectations other than a good time and a fine walk.

:greetings10:

I am a disc golfer. While there are official courses and most are in public parks and free, friends and I play more casual game.

Hit the park, beach or farm with discs and drinks in hand.

Player 1 chooses the first "hole" and assigns the difficulty and any extra restrictions on the hole e.g. "target tree must be hit via a shot through the adjacent tire swing".

Players take turns choosing targets.

No course, no expectations other than a good time and a fine walk.

:greetings10:
Sounds like a good alternative for those without a true disc golf course nearby!

Thanks for reminding me of that, @Janet H
We did that in the park at Selah, but without the beverage in hand. Declare the end of a picnic table, a tree, a garbage can etc. With regular 119g frisbees.
I want to try disc golf. We were really avid frisbee tossers in my family, but now I have rotator cuff surgeries and will have to tread that water carefully. I sure can't throw a ball like I used to.

The first disk golf course is in the town I lived in and adjacent to where I worked. Only tried it a few times although I do like frisbees. One in not 'supposed' to drink in that public park. I like the idea of spontaneously setting up a course, and carrying drinks.

Back
Top Bottom