Any Fly-Fishing Enthusiasts

Panfish are a blast...

My 1st experience was as a kid when a father of a friend took me & the friend. My friend had plenty of experience, but I had none. Fortunately I wasn't smart enough to know that was a problem & his father had me casting in no time. Panfish were all we were trying for & I never would have guessed how much fun it would be. (looking back, the father must have known a key to taking kids fishing is make sure they catch a lot!).

Thread has been inspirational....ready to go now!

I had a friend in WV that belonged to Trout Unlimited.

Fishing. Conservation. Community.
We bring together diverse interests to care for and recover rivers and streams, so our children can experience the joy of wild and native trout and salmon.

Please join us.

I started FF at 13, and vividly remember my 1st Trout on the fly. 12 in Rainbow on a #10 Adams dry... missed him on the 1st hit... about peed myself when I hooked and landed...
Most folks consider FF strictly a trout thing... But I have chased about everything with flies.. a 12 lb red drum on a 9FT rod in a kayak.... :dance:
Love Smallmouth on the fly... Panfish are a blast...

Those are some great stories!

My 1st experience was as a kid when a father of a friend took me & the friend. My friend had plenty of experience, but I had none. Fortunately I wasn't smart enough to know that was a problem & his father had me casting in no time. Panfish were all we were trying for & I never would have guessed how much fun it would be. (looking back, the father must have known a key to taking kids fishing is make sure they catch a lot!).

Thread has been inspirational....ready to go now!

Those early life experiences can become lifelong love. A great story.

You don't need to spend a bundle to fly fish. Fish don't care how expensive your equipment is. Biggest mistake most folks make is seeing how far they can cast. Short controlled casts catch fish. Spend time fishing, you'll soon figure it out.

MOst important thing to remember - have fun

John Voelker’s ‘Testament of a Fisherman’

“I fish because I love to; because I love the environs that trout are found, which are invariably beautiful,and hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are invariably ugly; because of all the television commercials, cocktail parties and assorted social posturing I thus escape; because, in a world where most men spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don’t want to waste the trip; because mercifully there are no telephones on fishing waters; because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness; because bourbon out of an old tin cup tastes better out there; because maybe someday I will catch a mermaid; and, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many other concerns of men are equally unimportant — and not nearly so much fun”

So my fly fishing buddies told me a sure fire way to catch trout. With a mouse fly. Apparently mice fall from the undersides of small bridges into streams at night, where the trout are waiting for them. So a mouse fly under a bridge at night is a sure way to catch some trout.

Hey Street... Hows that casting coming along?

Going Great!
I haven't had time to get to a good trout stream yet. I'm hoping soon but casting is coming along pretty well. It takes some multi-tasking and consistency but getting the hang of it. Caught about 15 of these one evening on hopper and dry fly was there about one hour. Very exciting when they hit it. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_9967.jpg
    IMG_9967.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9966.jpg
    IMG_9966.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom