Apple iPhone SE 2022

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I see there are reports of an imminent release of an iPhone SE for 2022. Big selling point is support for 5G.

If this turns out to be true I’ll hop on it immediately. My iPhone 8 is great but getting long in the tooth. I especially like the small form factor and don’t really care about the latest camera.

I might not get much of anything for trade-in but at least they offer recycling.

Be sure to check out the 12 or 13 mini at the same time. I got the 12 mini (the 13 mini was not out at the time) mainly because it felt better in my hand. Though I did like the better camera. One thing that the current SE has that I would prefer is the touch id (finger print) instead of face ID. I'm okay with my decision, but that was one factor the SE had that I prefer.

Be sure to check out the 12 or 13 mini at the same time. I got the 12 mini (the 13 mini was not out at the time) mainly because it felt better in my hand. Though I did like the better camera. One thing that the current SE has that I would prefer is the touch id (finger print) instead of face ID. I'm okay with my decision, but that was one factor the SE had that I prefer.

I also prefer Touch ID.

I’m also hoping for the rumored 27” iMac with Apple Silicon.

I also like touch ID but it fails over time. I also keep our replaced phones and find them very useful. We have one hooked into our audio system to stream internet music, and I use another for podcasts. Back in the day, when we traveled internationally, I brought along an old phone to use locally with a sim card.

I also like touch ID but it fails over time. I also keep our replaced phones and find them very useful. We have one hooked into our audio system to stream internet music, and I use another for podcasts. Back in the day, when we traveled internationally, I brought along an old phone to use locally with a sim card.

I would do that too (Internet radio) with old devices. My home audio supports TuneIn and it’s used daily. I think it’s essential.

$429 for this guy. I’m on board.

Not bad for an apple device. Although I think the past 2 LG phones I bought were like $200 a piece. I unknowingly got sawdust in the charging port, thought it was toast after not charging and bought a second one. Then I got sawdust in the second one's charging port and my ol man said "can you blow it out or clean it out?" I had already used the air compressor without luck, so he grabbed one of his infamous toothpicks and i'll be damned, he started scraping out enough gunk where the port worked again.

SO I gave my son the backup phone that is in perfect working condition. If I ever had to I could use either one with the switch of a SIM.

Has anyone had success with the dual SIM. I find incoming calls are very confusing to retrieve on Voicemail. SE2020

Has anyone had success with the dual SIM. I find incoming calls are very confusing to retrieve on Voicemail. SE2020

What exactly is the problem?
And do you have "Allow Cellular Data Switching" turned on?

I've got the SE version 2020. It's a fine phone for the price.

After m iPhone 7 died about 2 years earlier than expected, I decided I would no longer spend 600+ dollars for a phone. The SE fits into my budget.

I saw the new SE when I went in for a battery change on my 4+ year old present SE. I was so relieved there will be a new, small, fairly low-budget iphone when I'm ready. The NYT revied it yesterday and said no mmwave so not ultra-fast 5g but I am quite sure that's fine for me.

Interestingly Apple talked me out of a new battery and didn't try to sell me a new phone either. They just told me some things to do to reduce battery use. My phone is too old for the software updates that better manage battery life but I hadn't even paid attention that with not going out the past two years I had taken my phone off autolock and the home screen was by far most of my usage. I could have checked before going in but there you have it. I may even go back for a new battery anyway since this phone is perfectly adequate for what I want and probably good for another couple years.

I will get a new phone before too long. I bought my iPhone 8 at the end of 2019. I have to decide between the iPhone 13 mini and the new SE.

I’ve decided my phone screen is too small for some apps like Maps which makes it hard to use sometimes. I’m also intrigued with the multiple camera lenses. But not used to face recognition. I’ve got a while to think about it……..

Just ordered the new SE 2022, will pick it up tomorrow, backwed up my iPhone 8 to the cloud in preparation.

Ordered my DW an SE, should get here on Sunday. Her Moto X4 quit working with the 3G shutdown. Paid $329 on Redpocket with 6 months free service then we'll move her to our family plan.

I wasn’t sure I would care for face recognition but it works fine. I got the iPhone 13 mini.

This puzzles me. I know a few folks who were also hesitant to move to faceID. I’m not really sure why.

In each case, once they made the move they where very happy.

This puzzles me. I know a few folks who were also hesitant to move to faceID. I’m not really sure why.

In each case, once they made the move they where very happy.

Maybe it will work better now, I believe that Apple upgraded the face recognition to work with masks(!)

I like my fingerprint in my iphone 8 and wanted that feature so its the 'new' SE for me.

I have iPhone SE from 2021. The battery don't hold charge till end of the day for 6 month usage. I don't use phone much like the youngsters do. Other 2 iPhone batteries (bought at the same time) are going strong and one of which is heavily used by DD. There is a reason for a cheaper price tag.

Back
Top Bottom