Best Voice

Can't believe no one has mentioned Barry White.

I'm also a Stevie Nicks fan.

Don't forget Vincent Price.

I really enjoy these threads - they're a trip down memory lane. :) That Blues Brothers clip of Aretha Franklin is the best. It left off the last word, though, which is one of my all time favorite lines. (Not linked because it might offend)

Reactions: W2R
I know this is really old fashioned and un-cool, but I have always been totally awed by Grace Slick's seemingly limitless dynamics and control in "White Rabbit":

+1
Not "old fashioned and un-cool", Old School and Cool :cool: 2 of my faves :)

I'll throw this one in
[

I thumbed a lot of quarters in the jukebox on those songs along with this one :

Last edited:
Reactions: W2R
Can't believe no one has mentioned Barry White.

I'm also a Stevie Nicks fan.

Good ones!

Like Christine McVie’s deeper voice better in Fleetwood Mac, but can’t deny Stevie in her prime.

As long as Barry White has been mentioned, I’ll add the Reverend Al Green as his traveling companion :). Love that Motown and Stax soul.

Good ones!

Like Christine McVie’s deeper voice better in Fleetwood Mac, but can’t deny Stevie in her prime.

As long as Barry White has been mentioned, I’ll add the Reverend Al Green as his traveling companion :). Love that Motown and Stax soul.

And Isaac Hayes.....his album "Hot Buttered Soul" was amazing. "Walk On By" and "By The Time I Get to Phoenix"............yikes. I could literally feel the story in those songs.

Last edited:
Julio.....saw him in Vancouver, circa 1995

Grace Potter
Etta James
Linda Ronstadt
Leann Rimes
Josh Groban
Roy Orbison
Chris Isaac

I also appreciate any yoga teacher that can keep there voice calm, smooth and even during savasana. This is one instance where one's voice really can make all the difference.

Male speaking voice: tie between Morgan Freeman and Donald Sutherland

Female speaking voice:Rachel Ward

Singers: Male: Greg Allman
Female: Bonnie Raitt

sally kellerman's hidden valley ranch commercials voice-over...

Or her reading of Molly Bloom's soliloquy in the movie "Back to School".

Add Joni Mitchell to my list.

Karen Carpenter. Johnny Cash. Any well-trained soprano or mezzo-soprano singing Mendelssohn, Schumann, Faure, or Brahms Lieder with piano, live in a small venue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom