Bike Racks

I’ll add another vote for the 1-Up rack. As mentioned above, there’s zero plastic on the unit. It’ll be here, working as designed, long after I’m gone. They’re pricey, but we’ve been thrilled with it. I leave it on my vehicle which is parked outdoors, and it shows zero wear. We have 2 school age kids, and it’s modularity (it’s currently setup for 4 bikes) was another selling point. When the kids leave for college it’ll be easy to drop down to three and then two trays, and also easy to throw a tray back on if they’re home for the summer, etc.

It’s sturdy enough to hold a couple of e-bikes (but not 4). Truly a buy-it-for-life product.

A good bike rack is worth paying for! Some years ago I had a Yakima that attached to the trailer hitch. (I second the suggestion that you need to lock the rack to the hitch!) It pulled down to set the bikes at ground level with the bikes on it so that I could open the rear door of the SUV even with bikes mounted. If you need to get into the rear of your vehicle with the bikes on the rack or even just with the rack on the vehicle, does the design you are considering make that easy?

Back
Top Bottom