Blow That Dough - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another Arby's Deluxe Wagyu today on the way to the little boat and it was even better than the first one. Same drive through, no lobby. No drinks or sides either.

$8.13 with tax. Worth every penny. Seriously, there's an In-N-Out right across the street and a McD's and a Burger King. Before In-N-Out was the easy pick for #1. Now Arby's and they're not even a burger joint.

Trying very hard to blow a lot of dough--I've got an offer in on a second home. Unfortunately they are waiting a few days to let as many offers come in as they can get before deciding.

I hadn't planned on doing this for another few years, but a place that checked all my boxes (in a spot where not many places would), and it just feels like fate.

But I hope I live through the next few days! Waiting is NOT my strong suit.

FYI: we had a rainbird wifi controller and it was OK, but replaced it with a Rachio smart controller. It is so much better. The automatic irrigation skips (based upon location and weather forecast) work really well. The automatic seasonal adjustments also work well. If you haven't installed your purchase yet I'd seriously consider getting a Rachio. Maybe that's what you have on order - if so you've made a great choice.

+1

Changed out my old Toro controller with a Rachio last year. It works very well. The weather skipping and access via phone ap is awesome.

Swanee

The only Arby's in the South Bay is in Sunnyvale. I'd be concerned about inventory turnover with only one store in the area. Given how much fast food prices have risen, the price seems reasonable.

There used to be one on Stevens Creek, near Valley Fair. Did the close it?

That burger is only 56% Waygu?

Trying very hard to blow a lot of dough--I've got an offer in on a second home. Unfortunately they are waiting a few days to let as many offers come in as they can get before deciding.

I hadn't planned on doing this for another few years, but a place that checked all my boxes (in a spot where not many places would), and it just feels like fate.

Best of luck with your purchase :D
My brother secured a condo in Seattle last week after some failures with this strategy.
He bid 50K over asking which is not at all unusual, but the offer expired in 12 hours. It put the sweat on the seller, and it worked.

Best of luck with your purchase :D

My brother secured a condo in Seattle last week after some failures with this strategy.

He bid 50K over asking which is not at all unusual, but the offer expired in 12 hours. It put the sweat on the seller, and it worked.
Thanks. I put in about as strong a bid as I could--first bid submitted, above asking, all cash, escalation clause, quick close (which the seller wants). Even wrote a letter. My realtor keeps saying it's a very "strong" bid--since this is a pretty small town and I'm sure they all talk to each other, I'm hoping that that's code for "don't worry, you're in good shape."

It's a patio home where the HOA handles all exterior maintenance, including roof and siding, along with yard and snow. And it has a view. So I'm going to be pretty aggressive. I know the area extremely well, and there's not many like it.

Meanwhile, I wait. And wait.

best of luck. If somebody outbids you, talk about that strategy with your real estate agent.
Seattle's market is about as crazy as any, and sellers kick back and make an auction out of it.

Formula $50 a can. Not prescription. Just formula.

There used to be (may still be) pharmaceutical travel (primarily to Canada) to buy less expensive drugs. Apparently, there were buses that routinely crossed into Canada carrying phama-tourists with their scripts in hand.

I wonder if formula-tourism can be far behind? YMMV

Offer accepted, let the dough blowing commence!

Small, needs some updates, and is not at all close to my primary home, but it's in an HOA that handles lawn and snow care and exterior maintenance (roof, siding, gutters). It's in my dream location, with mountain views from the patio and living room. Couldn't let it go by. And I can work remotely, so I'll be heading there for the summer. Hopefully I can buy a bed and sofa quickly! [emoji1787] (I have a lot of chairs and smaller home items in a storage unit out there, at least.)

I'm kind of overwhelmed, hadn't really been planning on doing this yet, but it just felt like fate from the instant I saw the listing.

Small, needs some updates, and is not at all close to my primary home, but it's in an HOA that handles lawn and snow care and exterior maintenance (roof, siding, gutters). It's in my dream location, with mountain views from the patio and living room. Couldn't let it go by. And I can work remotely, so I'll be heading there for the summer. Hopefully I can buy a bed and sofa quickly! [emoji1787] (I have a lot of chairs and smaller home items in a storage unit out there, at least.)

I'm kind of overwhelmed, hadn't really been planning on doing this yet, but it just felt like fate from the instant I saw the listing.
Congrats. way to blow the dough!

Congrats, Googily! :dance:

Congrats Googily! We bought a second home sort of by mistake (put in a real low offer, expected a counter offer which would’ve given us a few more days to mull over the purchase, but offer was accepted. Oops). That purchase was ten years ago and we haven’t regretted making it.

Enjoy the summer with your mountain views.

Congrats Googily! We bought a second home sort of by mistake (put in a real low offer, expected a counter offer which would’ve given us a few more days to mull over the purchase, but offer was accepted. Oops). That purchase was ten years ago and we haven’t regretted making it.

Enjoy the summer with your mountain views.
Hah! Love this!

Any chance we could have an E-R.org get together at the new place?

Congrats!

G, that sounds wonderful!! Enjoy your new home.

Just bought my wife a first class ticket to Seoul, South Korea to visit our daughter in October. That wasn't cheap. I told her she should fly cattle class but with all her ailments, she wouldn't be able to walk by the time she got there.

Congratulations, Googily! Enjoy your summer in your perfect location.

Good for you googily! Yeah, real estate, that's a fat check eh?

Good for you googily! Yeah, real estate, that's a fat check eh?
Yes, a fat check indeed, but less fat than I feared! Made an all cash offer but will be able to get a mortgage as long as the down payment is enough to waive the appraisal.

And thanks for all the good wishes, everyone! Gonna be a crazy few weeks, but I'm ready.

Congrats! Better start the bed/ sofa shopping stat. Takes a while to get these things these days.

I can feel your excitement! I'm happy it went your way.

I just got my Nvidia RTX 3070 graphics card to replace my GTX 1660 TI. It was finally down to $590 after selling for ~$1K for the last year or so. So about MSRP for a factory overclocked, triple fan card.

Didn't really need it, my 1660ti played most everything well, but needed an upgrade for the summer house PC (destination for the 1660ti) and I wanted it - so BTD.

Spent a good part of the day benchmarking and it is twice as fast as the 1660 - so worth it to me as a hobbyist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom