Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are actually 12 words that Wordle accepts ending in "I G H T". A few days ago, I pointed out this challenge:

I tried in a private window, and got 15. But it allows more words as guesses than it does as answers (IOW, the 'accepts as guess' dictionary is larger than the 'answer' dictionary - someone pointed this out way up stream). So in general, avoid 'weird' words as answers.

For common words ending in "IGHT", I get 8, which is kinda funny, as I almost missed "EIGHT"!

-ERD50

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tomorrow I'm turning it on hard mode. Been playing that way anyway. One of the subtle pysch reinforcements of this game is how your tiles turn green in succession rather than simultaneously. You're like, "could it be ... 1-2-3 YES!"

Just got my first 2. One green on the first try. Can't say anymore.

It would have gone faster if I didn't have a certain technical term on my mind due to my recent activities.

Wordle 228 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This and the NYT spelling bee are now my two reliable time killers

I've been playing for about 2 weeks and I think I'm getting bored with it. It does take some logic, and some luck, but It's really not that challenging. Still, I guess it's a good diversion for a few minutes in the morning.

I've been playing for about 2 weeks and I think I'm getting bored with it. It does take some logic, and some luck, but It's really not that challenging. Still, I guess it's a good diversion for a few minutes in the morning.

DD, if you're retired, it fills up a small amount of your "free" time. :LOL:

Got it in 3, but, honestly, I could think of another 3 or 4 words that would have fit on my 3rd guess. Better lucky than good, I suppose.

Wordle 228 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Also my first in 2. Got two greens on my first (standard) guess, and it really struck me that there would be many. many possibilities, it just looked like a common pattern. But I just couldn't find even one for a while. Then it struck me, and all green!

ALL "HARD MODE":
MEDIAN: 4.00
AVG: 3.88
17 Jan2022 4
18 Jan2022 4
19 Jan2022 3
20 Jan2022 3
21 Jan2022 5
22 Jan2022 4
23 Jan2022 6
24 Jan2022 4
25 Jan2022 4
26 Jan2022 4
27 Jan2022 3
28 Jan2022 4
29 Jan2022 4
30 Jan2022 5
31 Jan2022 4
01 Feb2022 3
02 Feb2022 2

-ERD50

Wordle 228 4/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well this is not my best.
Let's see what I can find as excuses:
I only had 1 cup of coffee this morning and it was a half caf.
My Achilles is slightly sore on right leg :wiseone:
I felt stupid this AM. :(
I was distracted by bird songs. :mad:
One of my tries was an uncommon word because my vocabulary is so large :rolleyes:
This game is evil >:D

Last edited:
Wordle 228 4/6*

🟨[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩[emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally got it in two! Having 3 letters on the first guess sure helps.

Wordle 228 2/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today was tough for me. My first "6".

You see I had 4 yellows in the first 2 guesses, and I'll tell you they were all 4 different letters. A word popped into my head, so instead of going with my usual letter elimination word (conservative approach), I used all 4 plus one (bold move) and it was wrong. And my normal third letter elimination word was no help. Then it came to me and I realized there were 3 possibilities that I could see, so I constructed a letter elimination word on the fly and that let me solve it in 6. Going for the "3" cost me my first "6" :(
Wordle 228 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited:
Article in Mashable today about how Wordle can be downloaded enabling free play.

https://mashable.com/article/wordle-download

...the game's entire code, and all of the puzzles, are there in your browser when you open it at www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/. And if you go to File - Save Page As (in Chrome, but all browsers offer this functionality), and save it somewhere, you can open that file and continue to play. Yes, even if you're offline.

...Your progress, however, will not be saved.

...And just a heads up, this could be a grey copyright area, so don't use it for commercial gain.

I haven't tried it and don't know any more than what's in the article, but I thought it might be of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom