Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wordle 229 3/6

��⬜��⬜⬜
������⬜⬜
����������

Surprised myself that I got it in 3!

I'm just going to stop reading this thread because of spoilers.

Too many people posting how proud they are of their own efforts, and then giving away the day's word.

Wordle 229 3/6

��⬜����⬜
��⬜����⬜
����������

how do you get it to show the colored squares in your post?

Wordle 229 2/6

��⬜����⬜
����������

Wordle 229 4/6

��⬜⬜��⬜
��������⬜
��������⬜
����������

I'm just going to stop reading this thread because of spoilers.

Too many people posting how proud they are of their own efforts, and then giving away the day's word.

I wait until completing the day’s puzzle before coming to this thread. I don’t want to be thinking of the reports of getting it in 3 when I am on my 4th guess. :)

I wait until completing the day’s puzzle before coming to this thread. ...

I decided that from the start. There's nothing to be gained by reading ahead, and there's always a chance someone will (even inadvertently) give a clue.

Pretty easy to just wait until I'm done with it. I have control of that, I can't control other people.

-ERD50

I decided that from the start. There's nothing to be gained by reading ahead, and there's always a chance someone will (even inadvertently) give a clue.

Pretty easy to just wait until I'm done with it. I have control of that, I can't control other people.

-ERD50
Agreed but the spoiler yesterday claimed to have hacked the source code and now knew all the answers and posted a a couple of letters for the next days answer.
I suppose he wanted everyone to know how clever he was.

Agreed but the spoiler yesterday claimed to have hacked the source code and now knew all the answers and posted a a couple of letters for the next days answer.

Exactly. :mad::mad:

I played my sixteenth game today and for the first time did not get the word. I guess I glossed over the spoiler clue. I guessed the wrong word on my final clue.

I did play the Nerdle game today. It is at nerdlegame.com if anyone is interested. It uses numbers instead of words. I got it in 5 tries.

Oh. That's a horse of a different color.

Speaking of horses, drawn and quartered might be a suitable punishment! >:D

-ERD50

I've been bingeing on the old Wordle games from before I started, using the archive someone posted earlier, starting at Wordle #1 https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?1 . I got the first 85 games completed, with a few close calls, but then I got to #86. https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?86

I think I'm avoiding spoilers here. I got 3 of the letters in correct position by guess #3, I won't even say which positions, which left 3 guesses to fill in those final two letters. Guess #4, two gray boxes. Guess #5, two gray boxes again,and now I'm on the final guess. I take a hard look now, trying to find all possible words. I come up with two, so it's pretty much a coin toss. I pick one...BZZZZT! Should have chosen the other one? Nope, that was wrong too. It's a third one I didn't see. I probably wouldn't have picked it anyway.

This is a case where I could've used "easy" mode (there's not even a hard mode option on this site) to skip the known letters in guesses 3, 4 and maybe 5 to eliminate more letters and hopefully get down to a single possible answer, but I hadn't missed yet, so I stuck to my methods. I tried 4 different pairs of letters on those 2 spots, without getting even a yellow. There were only 9 letters left I hadn't tried, and I was certain (and still am) that 3 of them could not be used in that word. Had I guessed either one of the letters, even in the wrong place, I would've gotten it.

I've been bingeing on the old Wordle games from before I started, using the archive someone posted earlier, starting at Wordle #1 https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?1 . I got the first 85 games completed, with a few close calls, but then I got to #86. https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?86

I think I'm avoiding spoilers here. I got 3 of the letters in correct position by guess #3, I won't even say which positions, which left 3 guesses to fill in those final two letters. Guess #4, two gray boxes. Guess #5, two gray boxes again,and now I'm on the final guess. I take a hard look now, trying to find all possible words. I come up with two, so it's pretty much a coin toss. I pick one...BZZZZT! Should have chosen the other one? Nope, that was wrong too. It's a third one I didn't see. I probably wouldn't have picked it anyway.

This is a case where I could've used "easy" mode (there's not even a hard mode option on this site) to skip the known letters in guesses 3, 4 and maybe 5 to eliminate more letters and hopefully get down to a single possible answer, but I hadn't missed yet, so I stuck to my methods. I tried 4 different pairs of letters on those 2 spots, without getting even a yellow. There were only 9 letters left I hadn't tried, and I was certain (and still am) that 3 of them could not be used in that word. Had I guessed either one of the letters, even in the wrong place, I would've gotten it.

I got it on the 6th one :dance: I got a yellow box on first guess. Then 2, 4 and 5 greens on my 2nd guess. Same ones for my 3rd and 4th guesses. Then got 2, 3, 4 and 5 on 5th guess and thankfully all of them on my 6th. Hard mode.

I got it on the 6th one :dance: I got a yellow box on first guess. Then 2, 4 and 5 greens on my 2nd guess. Same ones for my 3rd and 4th guesses. Then got 2, 3, 4 and 5 on 5th guess and thankfully all of them on my 6th. Hard mode.
Wordle 86 6/6

[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833]🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 86 X/6

xxYxx
xYxYG
xGxGG
xGxGG
xGxGG

Good to see that others aren't getting it easily, I guess!

Last edited:
4 guesses today. Heading to Vegas today. Will continue daily playing to hopefully keep the current streak going.

Wordle 230 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Darn! I actually had the winning word up, then I took it down and put up an alternate. Wretched, wretched mistake!

In 5 today, got the last 3 letters at the third go.

Played 30, Winning streak is 30.

Wordle 230 4/6

🟨[emoji834][emoji834]🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨[emoji834][emoji834]
🟩🟩🟩🟩[emoji834]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lots of yellow. Opposite of the problem I had last week.

DW got this one in 2 which I think is amazing. She says she was lucky.

Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom