Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not get early traction with this one today.

Wordle 274 5/6

⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜?⬜
??⬜??
:confused:??

Wordle 274 5/6

⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜⬜⬜??
⬜⬜⬜?⬜
⬜:confused:?

Screwed up my 3rd guess by omitting a letter. Realized when I cleaned my cache, and consequently wiped out my Wordle record, I also reset my game back to easy mode. Need to set to hard again.

I'm never sure what benefit hard mode provides. I tried it once; made no difference in my play.

Wordle 274 5/6

I also reset my game back to easy mode. Need to set to hard again.

Wordle 274 4/6

[emoji833]?[emoji833]?[emoji833]
?[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]

Wordle 274 3/6*

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]?
[emoji834]:confused:?

Thought I had a birdie, but par.

Wordle 274 4/6

⬛?⬛⬛?
⬛⬛⬛⬛?
??⬛??

Had trouble again, but squeezed out a 6.

I'm never sure what benefit hard mode provides. I tried it once; made no difference in my play.

That's why it's hard! It's not a benefit to the player. It does limit you though, in that, you can't just throw a whole 5 letter word at the board that doesn't already use your greens. So sometimes (not always) it can reduce your flexibility. Not that you usually want or need it, but there have been times when I did.

Anyhoo...

Wordle 274 3/6

?⬜⬜?⬜
?⬜⬜??

Personally I like hard mode. I usually try to keep all the yellows too but sometimes I’ll go around one.

Wordle 274 4/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]??
?[emoji833][emoji833]?[emoji833]
?[emoji833][emoji833]??

Only had one yellow and one green after 4 attempts.
Put in down for a few hours and when I came back I saw it easily in 5. Phew

That's what I meant...I don't see any benefit in using a word that doesn't use the letters you already know are there. Maybe I'll try it just to see, but it goes against my reasoning.

That's why it's hard! It's not a benefit to the player. It does limit you though, in that, you can't just throw a whole 5 letter word at the board that doesn't already use your greens. So sometimes (not always) it can reduce your flexibility. Not that you usually want or need it, but there have been times when I did.

Anyhoo...

Wordle 274 3/6

?⬜⬜?⬜
?⬜⬜??

That's what I meant...I don't see any benefit in using a word that doesn't use the letters you already know are there. Maybe I'll try it just to see, but it goes against my reasoning.

ERD50 explains it better here than I ever could: https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/daily-wordle-please-no-spoilers-112595-34.html#post2730018

I play by the hard-mode rules, because I enjoy it more that way. However, I did have my one and only strike out the other day, which the strategy that ERD outlines in the cited post would have avoided.

Last edited:
Wordle 274 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜?
⬜⬜⬜?⬜
⬜⬜?⬜⬜
??⬜??

Happy with the bogey. Got 3 unique yellows with the 3 starter words...thats usually not enough for a guess, but couldn't think of anything with the eliminated letters. I had to set it down and come back to it today.

Wordle 274 5/6*

?⬜⬜⬜⬜
?⬜⬜⬜?
??⬜?⬜
??⬜?⬜

I was sweating it today.

Wordle 274 4/6

⬜⬜������
⬜��⬜����
������⬜⬜
����������

I think hard mode encourages you to think in terms of patterns of letters, whereas easy mode focuses more on elimination of letters. I feel as though I'm actually learning now, when I find myself quickly going to a few combinations when, say, I hit two letters in my initial word. I say "ok, with these two letters, let's try getting them into such and such a position with these other two letters."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom