David Bowie

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Bowie. His new single. David's like an old friend to DH and I. We've followed him over many decades. The vid's kinda strange, but hey, it's Bowie. Love him. And the song is beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4

Last edited:
I used to be a huge Bowie fan. I actually spent $200 about 30 years ago to sit on the first row at his concert. Anyway, nice song.

And the song is beautiful.

Anyway, nice song.

The Daily Mail says it is a "haunting single, released after a ten year recording silence, is a reflective piece, harking back to the singer's experience of living in Berlin during the 1970s."

I am happy he's releasing a new album after 10 years. I'll check it out, b
ut it won't be because of this song. The reflective and haunting Bowie is not the persona that made me a fan.

Some of my friends are going nuts over this song and love it. I'm not so sure. Perhaps it'll grow on me. I do like the fact that he is referencing his Berlin years though. Low and Heroes are among my favorite Bowie albums. After the heart trouble he had a few years ago and the recent period of not being in the public eye, I was worried we wouldn't hear much from him again. Glad I was wrong.

Last edited:
Some of my friends are going nuts over this song and love it. I'm not so sure. Perhaps it'll grow on me. I do like the fact that he is referencing his Berlin years though. Low and Heroes are among my favorite Bowie albums. After the heart trouble he had a few years ago and the recent period of not being in the public eye, I was worried we wouldn't hear much from him again. Glad I was wrong.

Well, sure, a guy named Major Tom will always give Bowie the benefit of the doubt. :D

On listening to the first 10 second of the song the first time, it scared the heck out of me. He voice is showing his age.

The song is now growing on me.

Bowie is an interesting guy. Pertinent to the board, he did some interesting things with his royalties (selling them off as bonds to rebuy other songs). He obviously hasn't blown his cash since he was out of the limelite for 10 years after having a health scare. Many of his contemporaries have been nearly prostituting themselves with some ridiculous "concerts".

Check out the article about his royalty bonds: Bowie Bonds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom