Done ERd today

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ok now what?

Well I am waiting out this heavy rainstorm before I head down I95 on the east coast.

Then I will go home and sit down and stare out the window, and start a new chapter in my life.

It is not everyday that someone at 50 can say hey I am done with the BS the awful stressful commute and high mortgage and the job that I didn't care to do anymore.

I really am blessed.

Thanks everyone for your support .

newguy888 said:
Well I am waiting out this heavy rainstorm before I head down I95 on the east coast.

Then I will go home and sit down and stare out the window, and start a new chapter in my life.

It is not everyday that someone at 50 can say hey I am done with the BS the awful stressful commute and high mortgage and the job that I didn't care to do anymore.

img_458401_0_1e19bc0c72519d61630e66d130e2faac.jpg

Congratulations and enjoy

You may have a bit of a wait for the rain. I looked at the radar and the storm is big, all along the coast and west to Cleveland.

Bruce

Bruce1 said:
Congratulations and enjoy

You may have a bit of a wait for the rain. I looked at the radar and the storm is big, all along the coast and west to Cleveland.

Bruce

Well it is 9:22 here in NJ and I will get up at around 5am and take a look. Might be able to drive down the NJTPIKE and then be out of the rain by that time . We shall see. Hey I have nothing to do but GO HOME!!

Drive carefully. You don't want to get whacked the day after you retired!

Congratulations. I know the past three months have been tough.

newguy888 said:
Ok now what?

Now what?! Anything you want! How about going back to the old salt mine on next week in your bathrobe? Stand in the parking lot and howl at all the poor bastards still on the job. :D

From now on every day will be a Saturday or whatever damn day you want it to be. Congrats and enjoy your life. :LOL:

Now What? Set up a web page and post daily photos of your ER actvity. Make sure to e-mail all your buds with the link. Stay in touch and still spend plenty of time doing things that you would have felt guilty doing with the ball and chain of a job. 8)

Congratulations and I hope you made it home okay. Look out that window this morning and smile at what is a beautiful morning.

Congrats - I think the only difficult part will be expaining your happiness to others --- if you want to work on that!

newguy888 said:
Well it is 9:22 here in NJ and I will get up at around 5am and take a look. Might be able to drive down the NJTPIKE and then be out of the rain by that time . We shall see. Hey I have nothing to do but GO HOME!!
It's a new life Newguy. You don't have to take I95. Head west and cruise down through the mountains. Relax. Enjoy. :D

newguy888 said:
Don’t know where you were on I95, but the image that put into my head was south of Jacksonville in one of those Florida coast warm summer afternoon downpours that gushes out torrents to wash everything clean before the clouds clear and the sun shines on. And of course there was an immediate detour from I95 over to 1A 8), Intercoastal Waterway on the right, Atlantic on the left, and no hurry to switch back to I95 and then 1 south of Miami to continue down the keys.

Then again I may be reading too much into it, having shoveled a good bit of snow over the last few days.

Enjoy your new beginning.

Congratulations -- you deserve it.

I enjoy watching people countdown and then actually retire.

Good for you!!!

I'll be interested to hear about the NJ--NC comparisons, if you should be so inclined to share them with us over the next months and years.

Congrats NG! It time now to do what you want to do, all of what you want to do, and nothing but what you want to do.

Enjoy life dude.

after 32 years of hardly ever quitting a job because of my security fears, finally quitting work at early retirement turned out to be so much fun that it almost seems worth getting another job just so i can quit again.

congrats and enjoy.

Well I am home in one piece!

An interesting trip, Hey where is everyone going:confused:

Oh yea its Xmas.

I95 is one nasty mess, but still made it in a bit over 8 hours, and quite frankly I didn't care while I was sitting in bumper to bumper from DC to Fredricksburg VA about 25 miles .

Anyway the idea to head out west down I81 became a no go this am accident in the fog up in NJ and in Pa and I said lets do 95!

You know I am so darn happy.

Hey its Xmas weekend, my wifes family are all here and they are so happy I made it so their daughter my wife can live near them.

The best thing is now my inlaws can stay in their house!!! And I can stay in mine and run away when the mood strikes.

This ER is really Cool. Oh yea I got the part time track coaching position for the spring down here. 2 hours a day I will run my workouts with the team!!

everyone a happy holiday.

Congratulatons and glad you made it home in one piece!

Goonie said:
Congrats, and Happy Hoidays!!!

(I can hardly wait for my last day of w*rk!)

Funny but yesterday my last day was so uneventful.

Very anti climactic.

Kinda like get me the %&^$$ out of this place!

Back
Top Bottom