Downloading AppleTV +Content to Windows

Trooper

Full time employment: Posting here.
Unfortunately I think the answer is "no", but I thought I would ask anyway.

I'll be away from a reliable internet connection over the holidays and I'm wondering if I can download some Ted Lasso episodes to my Windows 10 PC for viewing while there.

Does Apple allow this, like Netflix does?

Last edited:
I can’t verify if it works on a PC, but they definitely support downloads to my iPad. I see a little circle with a blue down arrow in it below each episode when looking at the list of episodes for a given season. However, that would be while using the Apple TV+ app. Is there an app on Windows or is it just a website?

Attachments

• 2BDA390E-32EF-4E42-9CF0-204F258C09E7.jpg
    2BDA390E-32EF-4E42-9CF0-204F258C09E7.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Your screenshot looks a lot like the Netflix app on Windows. I am starting to realize that Apple tv doesn't have a corresponding app for Windows. Yes, I'm able to watch through the browser but that won't help without an internet connection.

What about buying an inexpensive tablet like a Kindle Fire? You could download to that./QUOTE]

Thanks but I don't think AppleTV will download to a non- Apple (Mac/iOS/iPad) device. The device needs to have the AppleTV app, and the app is only suppported on Apple devices.

Also, I wanted to have the content on my laptop so that we could watch it on our TV, through an HDMI cable. We do this with Netflix all the time there.

Well, sure enough you are right! I just tried it on my Fire. No can do. Rats!

Well I believe I found the answer. This link indicates that an Apple TV for Windows is coming in 2023:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2022/10/12/apple-tv-windows-app-coming/

What’s happening? Microsoft has confirmed that a preview version of Apple’s TV app will launch later this year ahead of a public launch sometime in 2023.
Why care? Because currently, you must use a browser to watch Apple TV+ shows on a PC. A native app will provide a smoother experience and faster performance.

Well I believe I found the answer. This link indicates that an Apple TV for Windows is coming in 2023:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2022/10/12/apple-tv-windows-app-coming/

But that doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to download videos to your local drive to watch w/o an internet connection (which is what OP is looking for).

They sometimes cripple (on purpose), or just never develop some features when they move an app to another platform. And the DRM/copyright controls that are forced by the content providers do make this a more difficult task (maybe trivial for developers these days, I don't know, but it is something additional that needs to be done).

-ERD50

But that doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to download videos to your local drive to watch w/o an internet connection (which is what OP is looking for).

They sometimes cripple (on purpose), or just never develop some features when they move an app to another platform. And the DRM/copyright controls that are forced by the content providers do make this a more difficult task (maybe trivial for developers these days, I don't know, but it is something additional that needs to be done).

-ERD50
Great points, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom