Electric Pencil Sharpeners - Recommendations ?

I have one of those small steel manual pencil sharpeners that are about the size of a quarter. I would post a pic but cant figure out how to upload a picture.

I assume you're joking, but you hit a major button with me. I hate people who write in library books. IMO their cards should be revoked, and their [-]fingers[/-] pencils should be broken.

An example of what I might do with a library book is what I did with one of my own books, and I even wrote that in pencil. As soon as you open the cover of my copy of JavaScript For The World Wide Web you'll see my note "scripts at www.javascriptworld.com/scripts". That webpage used to contain links to all the scripts in the book. The book doesn't mention the website until three pages into the introduction and even there it just gives you "www.javascriptworld.com" and not the URL to go directly to the scripts.

I assume you're joking, but you hit a major button with me. I hate people who write in library books. IMO their cards should be revoked, and their [-]fingers[/-] pencils should be broken.

I do correct the grammar (using pen) in books that I own. I long to do the same to books that I do not own, but I refrain from doing so!

This thing is is a gazillion years old, but still going strong. I used it as recently as yesterday. Of course, the problem with old reliable products is that it's likely it's no longer made, or not made the same way. But, FWIW:
Same one I have and love it, as much as you can a pencil sharpener. It was a gift many years ago.

I've never found an electric pencil sharpener that was worth a damn. I 've tried, but I always go back to old faithful:

That's me. One time I thought I got a good one at Costco. The darn thing broke a year later. Now this thread made me remember that instead of throwing it out I should've taken it back to Costco to claim my $20 back. Totally forgot their friendly return policy. What a loss! :LOL::facepalm:.
I'm back to analog sharpener and no plans to waste money on worthless electric sharpeners.

I have one of the Boston Armstrong (hand crank) pencil sharpeners mounted under my workbench. It's been there since 1986 and works fine.

Vintage-Panasonic-Auto-Stop-Electric-Pencil-Sharpener-Model-KP-110

These are available on eBay and are around at estate sales.

Blackwing pencils are fantastic!

Attachments

• 29DED2D1-5117-406F-BF9C-F9ED45E0E2C9.jpeg
    29DED2D1-5117-406F-BF9C-F9ED45E0E2C9.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom