Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos fraud) sentenced today.

And I'm guessing that $300 million is in actual old fashioned currency and/or gold/silver. Oh, the irony!

-ERD50

I just read a story where the “hacker” converted $30 mil into bitcoin.

Seems like she purposely got pregnant twice during the hearings to get the judge and jury to lighten her sentence as a mother with new born babies.

Yes, there is no doubt about the depths of her sociopathy and narcissism in my mind. I've listened to all the podcasts and watched the documentaries/docudramas about EH and Theranos, and I am convinced beyond any doubt that she got pregnant in precisely the most calculated and conniving manner she could think of in order to help her avoid conviction and prison. Didn't work, thankfully. I hope she serves every single day of her 11¼ year sentence.

EH and SBF both mastered the social signaling system to get money with nothing more than chutzpah. Its one of the risks of the herd animal. Social truth can easily substitute for actual truth. Last two years support the same conclusion. Factions trounce facts and scientism beats science.

I am more inclined to give EH a pass for a fraudulent attempt at medical breakthrough. It looks like SBF was a thief from day one and never attempted anything other than thievery. I am far more inclined to hang SBF high. Economic harm is harder to bounce back from, damages trust and cooperation. She sold quackery.

Yes, there is no doubt about the depths of her sociopathy and narcissism in my mind. I've listened to all the podcasts and watched the documentaries/docudramas about EH and Theranos, and I am convinced beyond any doubt that she got pregnant in precisely the most calculated and conniving manner she could think of in order to help her avoid conviction and prison. Didn't work, thankfully. I hope she serves every single day of her 11¼ year sentence.

Yeah, but it could have been 15 - 20 years. Maybe she shaved off 5 years by have 2 kids. :popcorn:

Ummm....the FTX guy is already in the Bahamas & personally took $300 million for himself during fundraising...who knows where that money is now.

With that much scratch there are plenty of non-extradition jurisdictions that would welcome him with open arms.

This guy should be in prison. He made FTX's money his piggy bank. And that Harry Potter girl who handled his Hedge Fund company with $16 Billion they leveraged needs to be in prison too.

Back
Top Bottom