Face muscle excercise

Nougat

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have dropped weight about 10 kilos in seven months through physical excercise (walking) and some small diet changes (more veggies, no overeating).

I have noticed positive effect on my looks. One thing I am mot happy is that my cheek pouches look like they have dropped lower or that they appear so because face skin is firmer in the lower part of the face.

I studied alittle bit and found some easy-to-do excercise for cheeck and neck. I have carried these excercises for 10.minutes a day for a week and see no visible progress yet.I will carry at least a month to see if they have any effect.

Anyone here have experise on excercises for face muscles? Any recommendations?

There's an expression...at some point you have to decide between your ass and your face.

(IOW, skinny bum, saggy face). Also age doesn't help. And it's not just weight loss, at least for women, we lose actual facial width, on the order of just a millimeter or so, as we age, resulting in the same effect even if weight stay constant.

And that drives many to fillers and other more invasive things... If there were facial exercises that were super effective I think they'd be easy to find, but I look forward to any good answers.

Smile!

I believe if you smile all the time you will see how it lifts those cheeks.
It’s the best exercise of all, and lifts more than just your face.

If you search for "facial isometrics" you can find many references that claim to help you exercise your facial muscles to firm up your face.

I have no idea if they work or not, but it might be worth a try.

I had a coworker that lost a bunch of weight and really showed it within his face. I believe that his skin finally caught up and tighten up and he got back to something closer to historic look. I suspect that over time you'll be OK with you look again once you reach a new equilbruim.

As we age, the fat just under the skin gradually moves downward due to gravity. No matter how you eat or exercise, this is going to happen to some degree. Because we look most at people's faces, we notice the changes most in the face. Breasts, which are mostly fat, are another place where the effects of gravity are very noticeable (including on men).

It is why facelifts never look quite right - the surgeon can tighten the facial skin, but can't replace subcutaneous fat so it looks like Nature's production - not even with fillers.

I am thinking of a woman at my gym, who is in her early 70's and was no doubt very beautiful when young. She keeps her body in shape and has obviously had a facelift. Her eyes and neck have hollows, where a younger person's don't. No doubt she looks much better than if no work had been done, but she doesn't look young.

First congratulations on the weight loss.

Second, I do remember my father commenting about a co-worker who lost a large amount of weight. His face drooped badly, but after about a year, his face had recovered and he looked great.

With regard to facial exercises, the closest I come is the use of devises which allegedly help with toning the face muscles. (Certainly not a face lift.)

If you try something of the sort, I would recommend before and after pictures, front and side profile, to gage progress.

Do not expect quick results.

Back
Top Bottom