Family of 14 gives up everything to live in RV

Perhaps they are hoping for their own reality show? Don't see this lasting long.

Lots of similar stories in long-distance cruising families, though perhaps not quite so *large* of families. Wow, that's a lot of kids.

So Mom and Dad are not going to have "relations" ever again? Be off putting to me to have so many little ears near by.:D

So Mom and Dad are not going to have "relations" ever again? Be off putting to me to have so many little ears near by.:D

Twelve are not enough? Baker's dozen might break the camel's back.

Perhaps they are hoping for their own reality show? Don't see this lasting long.
Well, given that their website is called the Kellogg Show and they have YouTube clips plus that reality show people are paid in the four to five figures per episode, I am sure they would not turn it down.

Family of 14 gives up everything to live in RV | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

It is a large family and a crowded RV. Not a whole lot of information on the couple and about how they support themselves and 12 kids (unless the planned book is a hit). From what you read, and from visiting the family's website, they seem to be well put together though. Best of luck to them.

I happened to watch the same video yesterday on another Web site. The father is a software engineer, working remotely. The eldest daughter is 19, and has her own Web site, a commercial one if I remember correctly.

All the children are the couple's own, meaning not adopted, from what I saw. They are all home-schooled.

Holy cow. When the four of us and the dogs go on a week long trip in the camper it is a tight squeeze. I imagine they have something a lot bigger than our stubby trailer, but the square feet per person must be pretty low.

They have a class A, but not a big one. However, even a biggest class A would still be small for a couple with 12 kids, ranging from a 19-yr old to an infant.

And just one bathroom! Arghh! However, when they park, the kids pitch tents outside the MH for more sleeping room.

Here's another site with the video from the Today show.

American Story: Family with 12 kids roams US full-time in RV - TODAY News

Maybe they can tow Balloon Boy Hoax family in their aluminum foil dirigible on a little trailer behind them and offer up a two-fer reality show.

My question is how many bathrooms does that RV have?

I'm wondering if RVs are exempt from child safety seat requirements. Interesting watching the video of the RV moving along and mom is sitting up front holding baby.

I thought the 12 kids thing was more interesting than the RV. You don't see that much (unless you are in Utah) anymore.

What about showering? I can see stopping at a campground and having extra toilets. I cannot imagine the space you'd need just for 14 people's clothes!

The -y ending is very Duggarish (they used J's for the first letter).

ETA: she's only 3 years old that me! Eep!

Last edited:
I was put onto this last night and instantly thought of this place. Seems like a scheme to have a TV show. He works remotely from what I am told but he does work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom