Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices!

Thank you so much. This will be great when I am traveling! E.R. is at the top of my favorite "reads". I don't say much.........but am tuned in every day.

Well, I am embarrassed. I went to the site (ob my PC) and shared the link with my Android phone by email. When I go to the site I see info about the app but can't find any way to download it. Is the link hiding in plain site?
See my post above, Don. You can get it directly from the android market.

Do I have to put in name and password every time to log in? I see the pic ended lopsided. The reason: a vertical shot.

Attachments

• image-3338651793.png
    image-3338651793.png
    492.9 KB · Views: 12
Lets try again.,,

Attachments

• image-3241349711.png
    image-3241349711.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Will somebody tell me how to re-name pics and move them to specified files, all of it on the iphone4? Do I need a special apps?

Interesting bunch here. While they may not be the same people, we have some who don't want to pay for TP but buy iphones and ipads.
confused.gif

Sue J said:
T-Al,

It's in the upper right corner, the box with the arrow pointing to the right. Then choose Reply to Thread. Other choices are Subscribe or Refresh page.

OK good. Thanks.

Very eaay to add photo, too. Note that the progress bar is wrong when the attachment is being uploaded.

Attachments

• image-1356549745.png
    image-1356549745.png
    749.2 KB · Views: 8
PS it is not always wrong.

vicente solano said:
Will somebody tell me how to re-name pics and move them to specified files, all of it on the iphone4? Do I need a special apps?

Pull the text down and you will see a button for attachments. From there...

Attachments

• image-2768640750.png
    image-2768640750.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image-2286442703.png
    image-2286442703.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image-483768061.png
    image-483768061.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image-2867495302.png
    image-2867495302.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image-3694108984.png
    image-3694108984.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
Cool! I've been using Opera to access the the forum but thus interface is much better. I believe there's another benefit to the app over using the browser; I think the data transfer is all encrypted. Can anyone confirm this? If so that's a big benefit to those who access this thru from wifi at work!

I think the data transfer is all encrypted. Can anyone confirm this? If so that's a big benefit to those who access this thru from wifi at work!
I don't think the data is encrypted because we don't use https but it might show up differently if someone is logging internet traffic since you are not calling pages (just data going back and forth). I am not 100% sure how this would show up but there is a chance that it's different.

My objection to this App is that the font size is too small i my Iphone4 and I can´t find a way to make it any bigger. Is there a a way to increase the font size? Or an App that would be useful?

If not, I´ll have to stick to the conventional way to browse the Forum:(

Janet H, New to the site. I can not get spell check to work, is it safe to download ispell? Not familiar with this. Thanks, fun in the sun

iPad not working too well

When I access www.early-retirement.org from my iPad, I do not get the full portal screen. Everything is there except for the recent thread part. All I get is the top part (menu bar part) and the bottom part (online user listing part).

I downloaded the app (the icon shows "E-R") and this has no way to get to the recent thread listing either (or is there?)

Am I doing something wrong?

On the E-R.org app the bottom toolbar has icons for Forums, Current, Messages, Logout and More.

The Current one is equivalent to the Portal which is recent threads. That's how it shows up on my iPod Touch.

The app really does work well.

Here's a very minor issue. When looking at the Current threads screen, it shows the avatar for the thread starter, and the text from a recent post. As a result, it looks like the thread starter wrote the text.

For example, in this screen, I did not write the text about being burned to a crisp:

Forum.PNG

On the E-R.org app the bottom toolbar has icons for Forums, Current, Messages, Logout and More.

The Current one is equivalent to the Portal which is recent threads. That's how it shows up on my iPod Touch.

Duh... Thank you Sue! It is not surprising that it was me, not the app...:whistle:

I have the mobile app on my iPhone, but everytime I try to use it I get Error: Permission Denied. Is there a setting I need to adjust to keep this from happening? - Thanks

Back
Top Bottom