French and US researchers say Hydroxycloroquine shortens Covid 19 symptoms, contagiou

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's going to be pretty difficult without a lot of random testing, since I see many reports on the news of people feeling ill , but being denied covid-19 testing.

For sure some of them have a cold, some have a flu, some are worrywarts, but surely some are covid-19, but we won't know until they are sick enough to be in the hospital. :facepalm:
I saw today 2500 testscame back negative in Pa, that is a lot of wasted testing. So this goes both ways. Being denied might be the same people hoard TP and paper plates.

So that's going to be pretty difficult without a lot of random testing, since I see many reports on the news of people feeling ill , but being denied covid-19 testing.

For sure some of them have a cold, some have a flu, some are worrywarts, but surely some are covid-19, but we won't know until they are sick enough to be in the hospital. :facepalm:

Only 10% of the 195,000 tests to date have been positive (maybe only 5% if individual hospital labs are included). There is a lot of precautionary testing going on.

For what it's worth I've been on Plaquenil for 20 years to treat SLE. 800mg/day was my loading dose for 30 days then 400mg/day for 15 years and 200mg/day for the last 5 years. Retina test once a year.

It's a little hard on the stomach but otherwise no side effects. I would describe it as the best anti inflammatory you'll ever take. I was blown away by how good I felt after a couple weeks.

Only 10% of the 195,000 tests to date have been positive (maybe only 5% if individual hospital labs are included). There is a lot of precautionary testing going on.

Thank goodness or hospitals would be full already !

However, while it seems wasteful to test some and find they are negative. It would not be wasteful if there were a surplus of test kits.
Plus, when we find an asymptomatic person infected, they can isolate/be isolated and stop infecting the dozens of people they would normally interact with, who in turn would infect multiples more.

I saw today 2500 testscame back negative in Pa, that is a lot of wasted testing. So this goes both ways. Being denied might be the same people hoard TP and paper plates.

I don’t consider that wasted at all. What percent were positive?

I could swear I read materials on this weeks and weeks ago (prior to the French use). I distinctly remember it and read up on it and its use in conjunction with zinc.

Ah, here it is: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0.

Note that this article is dated 2/4/20, about six weeks ago. It is a shame we are here six weeks later not knowing any more about its effectiveness.

Very few drugs work 100% on everybody. If they did, we would not have people still dying of cancer. On the other hand, we have plenty of cancer survivors who respond to treatments.

The WHO has announced and coordinated a large scale global testing of these drugs, as I shared earlier. We should know something in a few weeks, hopefully.

Last edited:
I saw some info about chloroquine being toxic at just 2x the dosage.

Several years a go I traveled to South Africa with a lady who took this as a preventative. Some how she took more that required (don't know if the doctor or the pharmacy screwed up, but she left the company, and I retired, so I will never know).

We changed planes in London, and by that time she was having problems. Went to a local hospital there. She recovered OK (physically), but was having some vision issues. Don't know more that that, but I would be VERY careful with this drug.

I listened to Cuomo's daily briefing and he indicated that the FDA is shipping 10k doses for new york to use for those infected as part of a larger study. It is being supported by NY's health commissioner.

Last edited:
OK thanks. I just saw that hydroxychloroquine is not as toxic as chloroquine.

It does not matter much to me, as I do not intend to obtain these drugs to medicate myself. I will trust doctors to do the right thing for me, if I happen to be sick. And they should know the difference. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom