Getting divorced: he partly blames RE dreams

I can't believe it's been more than a year since this thread was last updated. Thanks for brightening my day. Ain't freedom grand!

Marathoner,

The one quote from your update that I liked reading the most...

"Everyone always asks what happened to him -- is he still with his mistress? I honestly don't know."

A sure sign that you've moved on. :D

I am happy for you

Thanks for checking in, Marathoner. Yours is a powerful story of personal growth and renewal, and I, for one, am grateful that you have shared it with us. May you continue to experience all the joy that is life. -- Gumby

+1

Great to hear from you, Marathoner! Gumby said it best.

Thanks for checking in, Marathoner. Yours is a powerful story of personal growth and renewal, and I, for one, am grateful that you have shared it with us. May you continue to experience all the joy that is life.

Nothing to add. Couldn't have said it any better.

I'll join the chorus.......good luck, keep the miles up.

Marathoner, one thing your story underscores is that things do get better even though it might be hard to imagine. I am so glad you worked your way out of this situation from the suicidal depths you describe, and this message is so important. Thanks for sharing the story and your update.

Marathoner:

Your story is one of inspiration for many out there. I am very happy for you, and it looks like you have a really great life right now. Feel free to stay on here and update us. Your future is bright......:)

Financedude

Anyway, the only complaint he had about me was that I think too much about the future.

I am way late to this but I just stumbled into this thread. The above quote is one I have gotten at least a jillion times by people and is by far the biggest reason I am not married.

Marathoner, one thing your story underscores is that things do get better even though it might be hard to imagine. I am so glad you worked your way out of this situation from the suicidal depths you describe, and this message is so important. Thanks for sharing the story and your update.

Well said. There is always hope, no matter how bleak things may seem. So very, very happy for you Marathoner!

...He does occasionally send me e-mails asking me to send him naked pictures. I ignore them, obviously...

This man is weird! I cannot see a spouse or a boyfriend asking for naked pictures, let alone an ex. Glad that you have gotten rid of him.

Glad you got out of your inmature marriage and were able to focus on yourself.

Someone once told me, "You can't fix anyone else until you work on yourself." that one phrase is so true. There's no time to fix anyone else when you are working on yourself and that's how life should be.

Inspirational! Thanks for the update and may you continue to live the life you were meant to have.

Thanks for the update. Good to know things are going great.

So nice to hear how well things worked out. I am very happy for you.
Just the other day I was thinking "I wonder what every happened to......" and I assumed it worked out well but we would never find out for sure. Thanks for the update (and thanks to whoever sent you the PM)!

This is one of my favorite ER threads EVER -- so thrilled about how things have worked out for you. I still remember when you first posted. Living well is certainly the best revenge! Thanks for the update and enjoy your fabulous life

Amazing courage. Congrats on finding happiness.

Sent from my HTC One using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Thanks for all of the continued support. I'll definitely be a more regular visitor, even though early retirement is still years off.

You are just the best!

As many of us on this Board have discovered with good planning and investing early retirement is an option sooner than you might think. There will be bumps in the road as you navigate that route but you are SOOOO much better off than you would have been living with/married to that jerk.

Congratulations, don't forget about us. We haven't forgotten you.

It is inspiring to learn how well you extracted yourself from a bad situation and headed out to freedom.

Back
Top Bottom