Golf Talk Tuesdays - 2021

Do you bone saw guys plan on walking everywhere and not ever going on an airplane? Maybe we can just stick to golf comments.

Patrick Reed has always been treated as a second class citizen by the golf gods and the press. Bryson same deal...they didn't grow up in cushy country club settings. Not surprised they bailed

I dunno... I looked at the LIV tour list and the highest ranked player is DJ, followed by Dechambeau, Na and Reed plus a bunch of has beens from the European Tour. I don't think the PGA Tour has much to worry about.

Reed brought it on himself. He alienated a lot of people when he was so self-aggrandizing after his third tour win claiming that he was top-five in the world and comparing himself to Tiger and legends of the game... he peaked at #6 in the world rankings.

And while I like Bryson, he has always been a different duck and hasn't done much lately after getting totally embarassed in The Match against Brooks Koepka where Bryson played very poorly.

I dunno... I looked at the LIV tour list and the highest ranked player is DJ, followed by Dechambeau, Na and Reed plus a bunch of has beens from the European Tour. I don't think the PGA Tour has much to worry about.

Reed brought it on himself. He alienated a lot of people when he was so self-aggrandizing after his third tour win claiming that he was top-five in the world and comparing himself to Tiger and legends of the game... he peaked at #6 in the world rankings.

And while I like Bryson, he has always been a different duck and hasn't done much lately after getting totally embarassed in The Match against Brooks Koepka where Bryson played very poorly.

Yet take Brooks Koepka he talks and struts very much like Reed and doesn't get the massive blowback. Reed grew up poor in an abusive family and has had to scrap and claw for everything he has. Same with Bryson not an abusive family but no money. Compare this to JT who comes from a multi generation family of PGA pros or Colin M who had a sport mental health advisor as a young kid.

It's kind of like a group of Jr high young kids with the ins and the outs. Bubba's an out too. Check out Ryder cup captains picks if you don't believe me.

They have gotten a lot of high personality golfers and we'll have to see how many others follow.

Local pros

I was at my podiatrist yesterday and we were talking about golf and he mentioned that he recently helped a senior pro who lives in the area (Memphis)...it was Loren Roberts, 'boss of the moss'.

Pretty cool. He said Loren couldn't be any nicer.

We have several older pro golfers that live here including Doug Barron and Shaun Micheel (sp?).

Yet take Brooks Koepka he talks and struts very much like Reed and doesn't get the massive blowback.
Koepka hasn't been repeatedly accused of cheating in college and the pro tour, Reed has - well publicized. If you don't like Koepka fine, but he and Reed aren't comparable.

Koepka hasn't been repeatedly accused of cheating in college and the pro tour, Reed has - well publicized. If you don't like Koepka fine, but he and Reed aren't comparable.

LOL never said I don't like Brooks ...I thought golfers were supposed to talk trash.. Tigers been on the hot seat for golf cheating a time or two as well. Depending on where you sit in golf hierarchy something can be called either aggressive play making )ie drop situations or hazard placements) or cheating.

My main point was not about any particular golfer but about the fact that PGAgolf has somewhat of a good old boys club air about it. This is where the LIV might shake things up a little.

It's my understanding that for the time being the rounds will be live streamed for free on you tube..I'm going to watch..

The NBA and Disney have been taking China money for decades. Hollywood too.

All the while China has a million people in concentration camps. And once you start taking their money, they expect obedience. I forget the guy, but an NBA player criticized them over Hong Kong, so they stopped televising games and the NBA fell all over itself apologizing. I’ve seen similar stories about them influencing content in Hollywood.

<mod note>
This is a sports thread. It’d be a good idea to take the politics somewhere else.

I played 18 holes with a close friend today at the Carlton Woods (Fazio) course in The Woodlands, Tx. Hot....mid 90's and humid. This is Patrick Reed's home course here. Two old men in their late 70's who both shot in in the mid 80's, but we played from the middle tees (5,600 yards). No more back tees for us old guys.

Damn it was hot, and we had wet towels on our necks the second nine.

Capture.JPG

liv golf scoreboard:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:?

who are these people?

I played 18 holes with a close friend today at the Carlton Woods (Fazio) course in The Woodlands, Tx. Hot....mid 90's and humid. This is Patrick Reed's home course here. Two old men in their late 70's who both shot in in the mid 80's, but we played from the middle tees (5,600 yards). No more back tees for us old guys.

Damn it was hot, and we had wet towels on our necks the second nine.

that's a tough course - I played it with the late Dale Gifford (of Hewitt) bitd

some nice courses in that area - my fav is the old TPC course

Oh my gosh, all the nashing of teeth and whining on the golf channel "In a battle for the soul of golf" LOL...

You can stream LIV golf for free on YouTube.

that's a tough course - I played it with the late Dale Gifford (of Hewitt) bitd

some nice courses in that area - my fav is the old TPC course

My Brother-in-Law is a member of the Woodlands (I never joined) and I played with him on the TPC course a few times over the years. Great course!

Oh, LPGA has booked the Carlton Woods Nicklaus course here for a tournament sometime next year.

Last edited:
S.VNT Scott Vincent from Zimbabwe I presume. No matter what the whiners say, these golfers can still beat the pants off 99% of the worlds population.

S.VNT Scott Vincent from Zimbabwe I presume. No matter what the whiners say, these golfers can still beat the pants off 99% of the worlds population.

yes I knew who it was , just saying the leader board screens etc sux..... have their last name for top 5 -10 whatever and when someone is one screen in 25th place show him at +5. like how NBC etc are showing the scoring now. but A.BCD Who the F is that?

yes I knew who it was , just saying the leader board screens etc sux..... have their last name for top 5 -10 whatever and when someone is one screen in 25th place show him at +5. like how NBC etc are showing the scoring now. but A.BCD Who the F is that?

I imagine they are still experimenting. Trying to get away from only showing the first page of the leader board. They play round robin as well with all players finishing within 30 minutes of each other to level playing conditions, That makes it hard to know how far into a round each player is, some tweaking with be forthcoming I'm sure.

Wonder what LIV's plan is to generate revenue, they obviously have a lot of cash on hand to get started. At some point they will need a big TV contract and corporate sponsorship to pay for all of the money they are handing out. Don't see corporate sponsors running to sign up, in fact many of the players that jumped to LIV lost their endorsement deals. Almost seems like making money is not LIV's objective.

Wonder what LIV's plan is to generate revenue, they obviously have a lot of cash on hand to get started. At some point they will need a big TV contract and corporate sponsorship to pay for all of the money they are handing out. Don't see corporate sponsors running to sign up, in fact many of the players that jumped to LIV lost their endorsement deals. Almost seems like making money is not LIV's objective.
Not to get political but it’s well known it’s a Saudi government exercise in “sportswashing” using several sports.
“Saudi Arabia is trying to use the good reputation of the world’s best loved sports stars to obscure a human rights record of brutality, torture and murder,” said Grant Liberty’s Lucy Rae, who accused Saudi Arabia of “committing human rights abuses on an industrial scale”.

“The world’s leading sports stars might not have asked to be part of a cynical marketing plan to distract the world from the brutality – but that’s what is happening,” she added.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...at-least-15bn-on-sportswashing-report-reveals

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom