Guessing Your Education Background

PHD! Well that would surprise my 5th grade teacher, she told my mother I would never get out of High School. Well I did, but didn't make it to PHD.

I have my doubts about the accuracy of this test.

I achieved an MS degree but the algorithm converted my 90% score to PhD. I missed mostly questions from the "Arts." I was quite surprised I did so well. Then again, I've been good at "trivia" most of my life. It's good for Trivial Pursuit and tests like these. Otherwise, not so much. YMMV

I was thinking as I was trying to take this test, what kind of people would even want to take a test like this? For the most part, people who like taking tests, and people who liked school. And would like being perceived as being at a PhD level. Yes, that's me!

Last edited:
Score said 75% and PhD, although I only have BS and some masters classes. I think I missed every one of the Shakespeare and European history questions, not that this engineer gives a rat's ass about those anyway :LOL: I guess I am not liberal arts enough for this quiz :nonono: although i aced every science related question :D

I got a PhD. The test definitely overestimated me.

My relatives are constantly passing around this sort of "quiz" on Facebook. No matter what the topic is, the answers invariably come back that we are highly educated geniuses with IQ's in the extraordinary range.

There are other quizzes that prove we are kind, insightful, funny and dateable.

So now my nephew, who always has to be ironic, has started posting quizzes where the answers prove you are despicable, weird, and possibly a psychopath.

Doing this quiz was a lot less painful on a fast desktop. Read qestion, type in answer, triple click, repeat, don't bother reading the blather and I got through the 70 questions in a bit over 10 minutes. Hardly a measure of PhD knowledge, but at least a fun test of general cultural literacy.

Great, off to a lousy start, I got the first one wrong, then i made it to question 21. Dont know that one either. I stopped the quiz.

Overestimated me as having a PHD (I stopped at MBA). I immediately printed it out and took to w*rk, gave to my boss and asked for a raise.

I'm waiting to see the outcome. :angel:

I don't do online tests. I used to but they were always inaccurate. I have been tested 8 ways to Sunday in my corporate career so I am all tested out!

Have not even opened the link yet, but Shakespeare?

Give me a break. I am an immigrant, whose native language is not even English, who came here as a young adult. What do I know about Shakespeare other than "to be or not to be"?

That is the question....:LOL::LOL:

Have not even opened the link yet, but Shakespeare?

Give me a break. I am an immigrant, whose native language is not even English, who came here as a young adult. What do I know about Shakespeare other than "to be or not to be"?

According to that future sage, Chancellor Gorkon, Shakespeare is best appreciated in the original Klingon. (Star Trek VI, The Undiscovered Country)

Seriously, the questions concerning Shakespeare are based on his most famous works. You probably know the answers just from living in an English-speaking country.

Not even close.

The test makers seem to mistake a level of general knowledge for education. One does not equal the other although it could be argued which is truly more useful anyway. Lots of "educated" morons out there.

91%, PHD but I am only a BSer. Always did well on tests.

Back
Top Bottom