I need Christmas gift ideas for myself, what do you all want?

This year I’m giving my DH tickets to a show. I picked a date in Jan just when the winter doldrums are at its worst.

I love gift certificates to restaurants. Or Amazon so I can buy books for my IPad

I also get DH a nice bottle of liquor and he often will replenish my Godiva chocolates.

Some excellent ideas on here.

Got a ticket to see "Hamilton" when it comes to Pittsburgh in January;
Bought myself some Wigwam hiking socks during the BF sale;
New microfiber crossbody bag from The Sak during the BF sale;
My son set up Roku for me over the summer with Netflix, Amazon Prime, PBS and am now thinking about treating myself to a subscription to Acorn. He is getting me a new wireless router for Christmas.

Bought myself some Wigwam hiking socks during the BF sale;
New microfiber crossbody bag from The Sak during the BF sale;
My son set up Roku for me over the summer with Netflix, Amazon Prime, PBS and am now thinking about treating myself to a subscription to Acorn. He is getting me a new wireless router for Christmas.

Do it! I recently signed up for Acorn and it is the best gift I've given myself for a long time. Endless Brit TV in all its forms - heaven! :dance:

A case of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, which I love and deserve (but overpriced, IMHO, so I would never buy it).

One thing I’ve never really liked about Christmas is how much consumerism goes along with it these days. But I always lose that battle, lol.

With that in mind, and realizing you all have no idea what I like, any thoughts? $1-$200 price range. Usually if I need anything in that range I’d just buy it. Grrrrr

Even stocking stuff suggestions are hard...I have a stainless steel comb I’ll never part with, seiko clippers, oneblade trimmer, etc.

So to help me know what I want, what do you all want between $1 and $200? :D
During each December (or January), I buy myself a present and F does the same. Other than that, we don't buy presents for anyone except a few gift cards for immediate family.

This year we have both had a hard time figuring out what to get!

He finally decided on a big 27" monitor that he saw in the Black Friday sales. He plans to plug it into his laptop computer so that he can see better online.

I am still thinking. I went through all 1000+ of Amazon's sale items, twice, and found nothing that I wanted really. :'(

So, I have been thinking about what I could get. I *might* get faster internet, Cox Cable's "Internet Ultimate". After the introductory teaser price, that would be $25/month more than my present Cox Cable internet plan but I'd supposedly get the chance to experience 300 Mbps download speeds, three times as fast as I am supposedly getting now.

However, at some point I am guessing that the bottleneck on speed might not be Cox Cable itself, but on the inputs they are getting from the internet, beyond their control. Hmm. Also, I would be limited to 1TB download before surcharges kick in, and although I don't exceed that now, who knows what future needs might be.

Still thinking.... :)

DW and I saw Hamilton in Chicago about 2 months ago, and we both absolutely LOVED it. I kinda knew I would like it, based on the reviews I had read, but I wasn't sure about the music (some rap, hip-hop, which I don't generally care for). But as it turns out, the music was great.........it fit perfectly. Miranda is quite a talent, in my opinion, and the cast was fantastic. We paid quite a bit for good seats, and they were worth every penny. Get ready for a high-energy experience, especially the first half of the show. One tip: if you can read up a bit about Hamilton and that period of American history before seeing the show, it really helps (at least it helped me). Miranda loosely based the play on this book by Ron Chernow:
https://www.amazon.com/Alexander-Hamilton-Ron-Chernow/dp/0143034758
If you don't have time to read Chernow's book before you see the play, then I recommend at least reading a few articles about the play and Hamilton's life, like this one:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/02/09/hamiltons

Enjoy!

I have given up on regular laptops but I love having a real keyboard and a touchscreen is a must. I purchased an Acer R11 touchscreen Chromebook from Costco about 8 months ago and haven't looked back. If you are an Apple person, a Chromebook might not be an option for you.

My small 10 year old backup laptop finally bit the dust. I want to replace it with a tablet. Am spending Thanksgiving with a friend who knows all about electronics and has several tablets including an Amazon FIRE tablet. May buy one this week after I look at her tablets.

Could probably use an Instant Pot but am not to the point where I really want one.

I wanted a nice leather western style wallet like the one I bought for a friend years ago. Finally found them online but the current styles are not as cute as the one I bought her. So I decided to wait and look again in a year.

I just ordered a dozen NY bagels for my spouse for Christmas and tossed in some pickles and sauerkraut for myself. They offer free two day delivery on orders over $100, and you can pick the date you want it to arrive.

https://www.katzsdelicatessen.com/order

Thanks...I think. We are now probably ordering some for us to try this week in prep for ordering some for Christmas, lol.

BTW, I love this screwdriver and am giving a couple away this year. Works very well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VJY1EC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another idea I've become fond of are quality flashlights. Nitecor TIP looks decent, but many O-light brand lights are quite nice.

some nicely figured walnut lumber for various woodworking projects
Pictures please? I used to inspect walnut lumber and gun stock blanks.

What type of figure are you after? I could have, should have, and didn't take quite a few unusual pieces.

ETA: Most importantly, can you smell it? I lost my ability to smell it while I w*rked at the mill. I'd buy some just to see if I could remember that odor.

Last edited:
I like to listen to audiobooks in the car. And these days it's all digital. So gift cards I can use to top up the subscription is on top of my wish list this year.

From my knitting friends I hope for home made woolen socks. So it's #2 on my list.

Back
Top Bottom