I need Christmas gift ideas for myself, what do you all want?

I can agree with that. Darn Tough socks are also outstanding.

I still prefer Smartwool, but they would be about tied for the top of my list.

I already own most of the "things" I could ever want. These days I would rather have an activity or occasion. Something like a nice massage, an overnight getaway with my wife, or a movie/play/or other event I'm interested in.

Perhaps a nice bottle of wine, fancy candy or other treats, or just a dinner date out with my wife.

Otherwise, I agree with FireFall woodworking clamps are always needed (I like the parallel clamps made by Jet). Heck, even a good assortment of zip ties would be a good stocking stuffer for me. A better set of metric taps and dies would be nice to have on hand, not something you need much, but great to have when you do.

I think I gave that to DD two years ago, and now our seven-year-old DGD practices on it every day. And DSIL (an accomplished musician) loves it because he can accompany when the kids sing. Its sound is so good and it fits into small spaces and can be easily moved around. Plus the price is right.

Exactly!

Sure, I'd love a baby grand, but our house is too small!!!

For those who want something truly extravagant, how about a smartphone-enabled coffee mug?

Ember Travel Mug ($150)

This was included in today's WSJ as one of their Tech Gifts of the Year.

A travel mug with temperature sensor and heater to keep your beverage at its perfect temperature. Rechargeable. Pairs with your phone so you can tweak the temperature.

Can someone recommend a specific brand of seriously nice high quality socks? Sounds like a good idea here for stocking stuffers for all the men in the fam.

Darn Tough. Pricey, guaranteed for life. Just don’t lose one in the washing machine vortex.

...what do you all want between $1 and $200? :D

Hmmm ... long, dark hair, dark eyes, high cheekbones, fabulous body, genius-level IQ with background and active participation in STEM, financially independent, etc.

Can she pop out of the non-existent stocking hanging over my non-existent fireplace on Christmas morning? :whistle:

($200? Unlikely. :nonono:)

I'mma gonna get me a nice bottle of XO Cognac at BevMo on BF and use my $20 off coupon that day only.

I would like to try an air fryer. Also a weighted blanket (I have intermittent issues with insomnia). I’m also looking at a SimpliSafe or Ring security system.

If you enjoy coffee, try a few bags of the New Mexico Piñon coffee. Normally, I consider flavored coffees to be something that should be de-invented, but this one with a touch of roasted pine nuts to flavor it, is quite good, IMHO. (Yes, they will also sell a person all sorts of flavored coffees :( )

I just ordered a supply earlier today - Buy one get a second for 1/2 price. Free shipping on orders over $50. This brings the price per pound down to more reasonable levels.

Last edited:
If you are a wine drinker, Wine.com is running a Black Friday special - One cent shipping on a minimum $49 order.

(I am not affiliated with them in any way - I just order wine from them when they run offers like this).

If you are a wine drinker, Wine.com is running a Black Friday special - One cent shipping on a minimum $49 order.

(I am not affiliated with them in any way - I just order wine from them when they run offers like this).
Thank you so much for that tip! I just used it.

I wanted to order some from Chateau St. Michelle, but they wanted $66 for 2 day shipping and won't ship ground this time of year. Arrrgh!!!!

Amazing thing - the wine is shipping on Friday, and will be here Saturday!!!

I guess they must be close by.

Silk socks, turtlenecks, and long john bottoms from Wintersilks.com

I would like a BMW convertible.....oh, wait! I just got one two months ago. Maybe a set of OEM floor mats for it? ;)

[-]Hmmm..... they want over $24 to ship my $50 plus order.[/-]

Edit to add: I found the code. - pennyship.

Thanks. I am ordering a a few bottles from the region of Italy my ancestors came from.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for that tip! I just used it.

I wanted to order some from Chateau St. Michelle, but they wanted $66 for 2 day shipping and won't ship ground this time of year. Arrrgh!!!!

Amazing thing - the wine is shipping on Friday, and will be here Saturday!!!

I guess they must be close by.

You're welcome. I have been pleased with their selection of wines, and their prices seem generally fair. Also.......when they say they don't want to ship your order due to weather issues (cold weather, I presume), you can override it, as long as you assume the responsibility for safe delivery. I just ordered a case of wine from them, and I had to do the override, because I live in Michigan. I knew wine would not freeze at the temps predicted for the next week or so, and everything turned out fine......wine arrived in good shape. Their shipping is fast, and you can choose your delivery day. I think they are based out of New York state somewhere.

Yes, the promo code is PENNYSHIP.........I should have included that in my earlier post.

You're welcome. I have been pleased with their selection of wines, and their prices seem generally fair. Also.......when they say they don't want to ship your order due to weather issues (cold weather, I presume), you can override it, as long as you assume the responsibility for safe delivery. I just ordered a case of wine from them, and I had to do the override, because I live in Michigan. I knew wine would not freeze at the temps predicted for the next week or so, and everything turned out fine......wine arrived in good shape. Their shipping is fast, and you can choose your delivery day. I think they are based out of New York state somewhere.

Yes, the promo code is PENNYSHIP.........I should have included that in my earlier post.
They obviously have several distribution centers around the US. You have to select your destination state before you can even select what to order. That really helps with the shipping. No way it would get here overnight otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom