Internet dating advice wanted/needed

I was being serious with Citrine My buddy really did say that all the time.

Thanks Sarah this bar was within a 10 minute walk from my house I would just go because my friends were going. I would take a shower before I left and one when I came home from the smoke! But bars are for other people they are not for me. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to meet people though. I had a lot of girls talk to me. Some were scary though.

The violence at the bar was a huge turn of though. I worry about it on two levels. One getting stabbed or beat up. And the other level going to jail for beating someone up..........I want zero to do with either.

And to meet a girl who within a few minutes of conversation is asking if you can get her some drugs is a turn off also!

Here is one for the myth of girls always wanting tall guys. At the bar one time this girl who was at least as tall as me she had to be at least 6-1 or 6-2 I could not get her to leave me alone. She looked like someone from American gladiators and there was something she liked about me. Keep in mind if you are a 6-2 girl you can easily go get a 6-8 guy I'm not anywhere near the biggest guy in the bar! Anyway this girl didn't seem to have any problems with a thin guy the same height as her or shorter. She ignored my guy buddies that sleep with 40 girls a week and just hung all over me. I did not find her attractive at all I just put up with her because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I never cared what someone's goals were. Anyone could just make something up. Also most of the people I loved the most in my life were really simple people.

I always found dating stressful and thought I was the only one I was surprised to hear someone else did!

Jim

Ha....awww that is very nice! I don't feel tormented!
summer....I think you need to post a photo for me to believe you!

She looked like someone from American gladiators....I did not find her attractive at all I just put up with her because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I'd put up with her just because I would be afraid of getting beat up if I didn't!

You guys crack me up. 6'4" and my gal is 5'2". Everything works and there are some advantages to that height differential. Didn't mind tall girls back when either. A relationship based on cup size or height is liable to last overnight. maybe.

You guys crack me up. 6'4" and my gal is 5'2". Everything works and there are some advantages to that height differential. Didn't mind tall girls back when either. A relationship based on cup size or height is liable to last overnight. maybe.

You didn't go to high school in Houston did you:confused:

There was a couple like you.. but I think she was 5 even and he was 6'6".

Ok Citrine you got it...look at my avatar!

It's coming down soon so get a good look!

I'm just surprised that anyone thinks Nick Cage is good looking I thought most girls thought he was ugly. Maybe no one else thinks I look like him though. One of my close buddies thought I looked and was built exactly like him he must have told me this 1000 times. He said I would have to slick my hair back and I would be him.

Marquette

I ran into a girl I was friends with in HS and I was sitting down and she squeezed my head so hard giving me a hug that the inside of my gums were cut a little bit from being squeezed against my teeth!

Girls can be really strong.

Jim

Here's mine:

Sensitive artist looking to connect over coffee. Love walking, hiking (3 miles max), cannot ride a bike but love being a passenger on a Harley! Looking for a self sufficient man who has a goal in life, some culinery prowess, likes to be silly and can be serious when called for.

Citrine , Your profile is great ! It projects a sensitive but fun person .

Priorities change over time too. There was a time when the ideal girl was a gorgeous nymphomaniac who owned a liquor store.

Who I married is an accountant.

Thanks Moemg...that is what I thought I was portraying.
Summer....I can see the resemblance in the brow/eye area.
Nicholas Cage is awesome, especially in the movie Face off....he is such a versatile actor. It's not about looks Summer....it is about charisma.....Nicholas Cage has it in spades....for me!

I think I only saw one of his movies the one where he is walking through a town and there is a gang of guys that come up to him and he says "what do you fa@#$% want". My buddy always asked me to say that line.

I will have to watch some of his movies and see if I can act like him.

I had a neighbor that was like 6-4 and looked kind of like Clint Eastwood. He acted like him too...he was just a scary guy though!

I'm looking for someone who looks like Julie on fox news!

Jim

I had a 7' 1" teacher in high school whose wife was 4'11".

I had a thought...

Ideally, you would meet someone in a situation where neither of you are advertising yourselves or looking for someone. That is, in some kind of a situation where you work together or see each other each day, but not in a "hunting for a SO" context.

Definitely, that's the best way. Unfortunately that most often happens at work which is a bad place to date. Non-work places I've unintenionally picked up women include across from my Mom's house, in my sister's house (her friend!) and while watching live music.

On a slight tangent for LBYM types, there is an entirely free dating site at:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/

Does anyone have experience with it?

I've tried it tentatively but haven't met anyone through it. My brother tried it at my suggestion and married a girl he met there. The forums there are worth checking out. They're quite repetitive after a week or so, but it gives you an idea of what others are thinking and experiencing.

I dated women met online a few times back when Yahoo! Personals was free.

An ERForums gal lured me across state lines with vegetable soup. :D

The free sites seem to have men starved for messages and women overwhelmed with them. I'm wondering if that's less of a problem on the for-pay sites, so I may give a pay site a try. I read recently some dating advice for women saying to avoid the free sites because they're more likely to find married men and other problems there.

Another free site is OkCupid.com: : Free Online Dating, Online Dating, Dating, Dating Services, Free Dating Services . I've only toyed with it a little. One thing they have is that anyone can create question lists (self-made personality tests), and you can go through and answer these. Answer a bunch of them and it tries to match people based on that. I don't put much stock in it, but it was amusing.

Thank goodness I'm too tired to post on this thread.......:)

Interests art the out doors hang out with friends

About Me
brown hair brown eyes look good for my age and i like to hang out with friends and i work at the mall and i like my job. i would like a man that is not a ***hole and i want him to treat me right. i want a man that looks good in shap and love kids and can help me with things

First Date
romantic and not a guy that look at outher gurls when iam with him and not a ***hole
That Plentyoffish one is pretty bad even though it is free...here is a sample:D...so what one do people use that worked well and didnt break the bank?

True, Sarah, a very attractive trait. Very important in old men- totally redundant in young women like yourself. :)

Ha

LOL. Absolutely true. The young women just need to show up and not fall of the bar stool at least no more than 3 times a night. :)

BTW, I saw a comedian on TV expounding on exactly this topic. His future kid asks, "So, Dad, how did you meet mom?" His response, "Well, it was a Friday night, and I was sitting in my underwear surfing the Internet and I happened to right click her head."

Quote:
Interests art the out doors hang out with friends

About Me
brown hair brown eyes look good for my age and i like to hang out with friends and i work at the mall and i like my job. i would like a man that is not a ***hole and i want him to treat me right. i want a man that looks good in shap and love kids and can help me with things

First Date
romantic and not a guy that look at outher gurls when iam with him and not a ***hole

I can't explain why, but this quote made me laugh out loud! I guess she doesn't know how to use the shift key, the period or spell check??

Yeah...pretty funny, but I hope it is made up....she did mention not being an ahole twice so that has to be important;)

Yeah...pretty funny, but I hope it is made up....she did mention not being an ahole twice so that has to be important;)
At least there is no BS about walking on the beach or serenades under a starry sky, so she at least has realism in her favor.
Ha

Last edited:
I have used these sites a few times over the last few years and didnt have much luck as a male...the first time I responded to a few that didnt post a picture and got one after several emails...BIG MISTAKE...I would have assumed that people in their 20s would at least be somewhat attractive or at least know enough to try to match themselves up with with similar looks:p One turned out to be a bit crazy as well...

I have tried again recently mainly to make friends....I think that the ladies that do post have x10 times as many responses as the guys and that makes it even harder...Generally, a lot of people that arent being honest and unrealistic expectations...

UPDATE on Oldbabe's Internet Dating Adventures:

Recently eharmony sent me a total of 30 matches :eek:. It's either feast or famine on that site.

Two matches contacted me yesterday. One was 71, too old for me, and the most important quality in a woman he's looking for is "outgoing personality." Ahem--so not bookish, socially retiring me.

The other is great, started communication back and forth. But he's very fit, an athletic type at age 62. Probably won't be interested in me with my zaftig, womanly figure.

Many other matches to go. It will be interesting to find out if any of them are attracted to a woman with a big vocabulary, an untoward romantic history, a great affection for her dog, and the aforementioned zaftig figure.

Many other matches to go. It will be interesting to find out if any of them are attracted to a woman with a big vocabulary, an untoward romantic history, a great affection for her dog, and the aforementioned zaftig figure.

I'm sure you'll find your match after kissing a few frogs !

Please keep us posted when you light a flame with one of your matches!

Well, Moemg, maybe after I light a few kissing frogs, or kiss a few lighted flames or whatever. :D

Last edited:
Shawn - we aren't all like that! This past weekend of camping in Shenanoah saw me do about 10 miles of hiking and a 16 mile bike ride. ;) It was great getting the tent out for the first time this year. My shorter bike rides (that I can do after work before it gets dark), are about 12 miles, and I try to do 20-30 miles on Saturday mornings...

Sorry, back on topic - any luck so far Oldbabe? I tried match.com before and didn't have any luck. Right now I'm in a mode of "not looking"...but I might try it again if I am still unattached in 2009 (I gave myself a reprieve from thinking about dating for this year).

OK, do you and SecondCore really want a big get together in DC on September 18? :)

Back
Top Bottom