iPod Playlist Question

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a ton of songs on my iPod and want to delete some songs from it to clear it out and make it easier to navigate. Here's my question. I want to keep my Playlists and don't want to inadvertently delete songs that are on any Playlists. Is there any way I can find out if a certain song is on one of my Playlists? Have not found a way to do this on iTunes. Thanks.

I don't own an iPod, but I do have an iPad and a MacBook Air and my iTunes are synchronized. I can see my playlists on both devices. I also have an older PC with iTunes on it. So perhaps you could check your playlists on another device and even do the edits there?

I don't know how to ask iTunes a song is included in any playlist, but it's easy enough to set iTunes up to sync only your playlists. Search iTunes help for "sync iPod" and select the help topic "set up syncing for iPod, ...". When the help page opens click on "Select items to sync automatically" and follow the instructions there. Remember to check "Sync only checked items" in the summary pane. Click apply, and your iPod should sync to include only the music in the playlists you want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom