Made it 5 months without getting Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be of interest.
It's about steralizing N95 masks without affecting there integrity. Easy to do!

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.estlett.0c00534

The day I am required to wear a sterilized mask aka used is the day I walk.

They have done multiple studies and there is no way to sterilize an N95 without compromising its integrity. Besides the thats disgusting factor. Try wearing the same mask for 8 hours while working and tell me if you would put a “ cleaned” coworkers mask.

PS up until this month we were denied the use of N95’s in untested patient rooms. At the very beginning we were denied masks period.

They have done multiple studies and there is no way to sterilize an N95 without compromising its integrity. Besides the thats disgusting factor. Try wearing the same mask for 8 hours while working and tell me if you would put a “ cleaned” coworkers mask.

But if it was sterilized in an Instant Pot or oven, it might smell like beef stew or pizza. You could skip lunch.

new studies show strong immune response to COVID-19

Several new studies have found that most people who have had even a mild case of COVID-19 show a strong immune response, some time after they were initially affected. Antibodies may fade after a few months, but the immune system also includes T cells and B cells, which remain "on guard" and ready to respond if the virus tries to invade again.

There is more info. in this article, which may be behind a paywall (?)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/16/...te=1&user_id=52baecb6fcc0c0d02e1c615a84f3d29f

If you are unable to view it, let me know, and I can post links to the individual studies.

The day I am required to wear a sterilized mask aka used is the day I walk.

PS up until this month we were denied the use of N95’s in untested patient rooms. At the very beginning we were denied masks period.

I understand your point, but, if you are doing this at home, I expect you are sterilizing a mask that you have been wearing yourself. I wouldn't want to wear other people's masks, even sterilized. But I do go to the dentist and have tools that were in someone else's mouth, put into mine! :-/

...PS up until this month we were denied the use of N95’s in untested patient rooms. At the very beginning we were denied masks period.

asking out of curiosity...we're you not supplied with a mask or we're you forbidden to wear any mask regardless of who supplied it?

Several new studies have found that most people who have had even a mild case of COVID-19 show a strong immune response, some time after they were initially affected. Antibodies may fade after a few months, but the immune system also includes T cells and B cells, which remain "on guard" and ready to respond if the virus tries to invade again.

There is more info. in this article, which may be behind a paywall (?)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/16/...te=1&user_id=52baecb6fcc0c0d02e1c615a84f3d29f

If you are unable to view it, let me know, and I can post links to the individual studies.
This is encouraging. It doesn't address the lung, brain, heart...organ damage long term side effects of the disease. I get it, those lucky enough to weather through symptoms and come out healthy are lucky. I guess time will tell if the longer term side effects eventually go away or heal themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom