Medicare Part D changes for 2023

I live in NY and I had Aetna SilverScript. Just got my mailing, the monthly price went from $7.20 to $10.10 that's a 26% increase year to year. The deductible as you said went from $480 to $505. I have to calculate the numbers for this year. With the deductibles being where they are for my supplemental and plan D I am not sure its worth it.

I live in NY and I had Aetna SilverScript. Just got my mailing, the monthly price went from $7.20 to $10.10 that's a 26% increase year to year. The deductible as you said went from $480 to $505. I have to calculate the numbers for this year. With the deductibles being where they are for my supplemental and plan D I am not sure its worth it.

I can't imagine why a $25 increase in deductible would make or break it.

So I got my renewal info from Aetna Silver Script. Looks like my monthly premium decreases from $7.50 a month to $5.40 a month. Yay... except, hold on, Tier 1 drug costs are increasing from $1 to $2 copay a month and I use two of those on a continuing basis. So, a decrease in premium of $2.10 a month but an increase in my ongoing drug cost of $2.00 a month so yes, my overall cost goes down by a whole 10 cents a month - yippee! Still I doubt any other plan will do better but it won't hurt to check.

I live in the Seattle area. In the mail today I got my annual Aetna Silverscript Notice of Changes for 2023. My monthly premium goes from $7.70 to $1.60 (with the deductible changing from $480 to $505). Yippee!

(BTW: I'm not on any meds. Knock on wood.)

teej1985 I am not saying a $25 would break me. I am just saying with all of the deductibles going up, I have to add the numbers for this year. If I can't make the deductible, why even purchase the plan.

teej1985 I am not saying a $25 would break me. I am just saying with all of the deductibles going up, I have to add the numbers for this year. If I can't make the deductible, why even purchase the plan.
Because in many cases, generic Tier 1 drugs will cost you far less than even GoodRX prices. For example I'll save about $11 a month over GoodRX; that more than pays for the premium. BTW, I've never met the deductible for Part D.

I have just recieved my 2023 plan descripsion from Aetna. Ours if we stick with it will go from $6.90 to $7.30. But and for me a big one, I met with a Pulmonary Dr. Monday and she gave me a 14 day supply of an inhaler to see if it helps me with my breathing. I already use an Albuterol that is around $50. with Good Rx. I checked the currant price of this new one and it is $448. thru Silverscript and $398. with Good RX. I don't know if I can afford this "maintenance" inhaler at that monthly price. Sometimes it sucks getting old!!

Is the Medicare.gov Part D website updated for 2023 yet? I am going to have to change, my Walmart Humana went up $10 per month to $30 and I take no drugs so I need to find a cheaper plan.

Is the Medicare.gov Part D website updated for 2023 yet? I am going to have to change, my Walmart Humana went up $10 per month to $30 and I take no drugs so I need to find a cheaper plan.

The update is supposed to be in the site Oct.1 then you can make changes beginning Oct.15th till mid DEc.

It's insurance against getting hit with a very expensive drug Rx that you can't live without.

If you have it as an option, Aetna SilverScript SmartRx may be the best for those who take no prescription drugs. Many here apparently have it for their Plan D and most seem to reporting a premium reduction for 2023. My premium for that plan is going down to $5.40 a month. This plan for me is changing its name to SilverScript Smartsaver in 2023.

If you have it as an option, Aetna SilverScript SmartRx may be the best for those who take no prescription drugs. Many here apparently have it for their Plan D and most seem to reporting a premium reduction for 2023. My premium for that plan is going down to $5.40 a month. This plan for me is changing its name to SilverScript Smartsaver in 2023.

Thanks Ian, I will look for that when I do my search

I received my Plan D notice re: 2023 today.

2022 cost: 12.90
2023 cost: 11.10

It's going the right direction, unlike everything else!

Deductible went from $480 to $505.

Wellcare Value Script Plan

Harley, I have the same RX company as you and when I saw the increase will definitely be looking at other plans. I take 3 generic medications.

Just got my Elixir notice went from 20 to 60. Guess will have to drop them.
No expensive drugs yet for us.
Oldmike

I just got a pleasant surprise when I checked through the Aetna Part D plans available in my area to make sure my prescriptions are covered next year. Two of my asthma medications that weren’t covered in 2022 will be covered in 2023 along with all my other prescriptions. And the share I have to pay are very reasonable. I won’t need to use GoodRx anymore.

WOW.... was just looking at medicare website and the cost of drugs on different plans are WAY different...

One plan has a generic drug I take for diabetes at $12 per month...

The Wellcare plan has it at $254!!! Silverscript is $241...

CRAZY... it is a generic drug...

OK... now I have to look at these plans differently.... my pharmacy has the 'high cost' drug on some of these plans as a $4 generic as a cash pay..

SOOOO, have to look at plans and exclude drugs that the pharmacy will cover as the cost is very different on the medicare website...

I still cannot figure out why they want to charge over $200 for a generic:confused:

OK... now I have to look at these plans differently.... my pharmacy has the 'high cost' drug on some of these plans as a $4 generic as a cash pay..

SOOOO, have to look at plans and exclude drugs that the pharmacy will cover as the cost is very different on the medicare website...

I still cannot figure out why they want to charge over $200 for a generic:confused:

My Silverscript Plus plan has three months of Advair for $17, and the generic is over $1,000. Don’t know how that happened.

It's insurance against getting hit with a very expensive drug Rx that you can't live without.

Also if you have no coverage when you do need drugs you pay a penalty for all the months you don't have coverage and that is permanent

WOW.... was just looking at medicare website and the cost of drugs on different plans are WAY different...

One plan has a generic drug I take for diabetes at $12 per month...

The Wellcare plan has it at $254!!! Silverscript is $241...

CRAZY... it is a generic drug...

I am about to start taking a medication that even though it is a generic, the insurer (Wellcare) treats it as being a Tier III drug. So, it will cost me $38 a month. I was going to ask the doctor to switch to a Tier I generic when I was looking at the plans for 2023. For Wellcare, the same drug is covered on other Wellcare plans (some cheaper premiums) for $0 copay or very low cost copay. Made no sense to me at all.

I am about to start taking a medication that even though it is a generic, the insurer (Wellcare) treats it as being a Tier III drug. So, it will cost me $38 a month. I was going to ask the doctor to switch to a Tier I generic when I was looking at the plans for 2023. For Wellcare, the same drug is covered on other Wellcare plans (some cheaper premiums) for $0 copay or very low cost copay. Made no sense to me at all.

Check your pharmacy and see if they have a generic list... that is what I was talking about... some plans have one of my generics at a high price while others have it at a couple of bucks... my pharmacy sells them for $4 and it will do so outside of your plan if your plan is higher...

So when I am going to look for my plan I will not be putting this drug in as it will cost me the same no matter what plan I choose..

BTW, my pharmacy has a HUGE list of generics they sell cheap... ($4 to $12)... a total of 5 pages listed...

I've changed Part D insurance companies several times. Usually between WellCare and Aetna. Both use CVS Caremark mail order which we utilize for all but one Rx.

I'm curious if others who change insurance companies run into a problem getting the exact same Rx's transferred to the new insurance company because they are all filled by CVS Caremark.

I've done this successfully, after much effort, each time in the past, but it is not easy. Most of the time the reply is that you have to have new Rx's sent in by your doctor(s).

That has never been the case, but it takes effort and dealing with CVS Caremark directly instead of your insurance company to make it happen.

Anybody else? Am I missing out on something different I should be doing. Thanks for any replies!

I don’t take any prescription drugs, but my husband takes 11-12, and we are both on Aetna SilverScript, dropping from $7.50 to $4.50 in 2023.

Interesting. DH's Aetna SilverScript plan is increasing to $8.40 and the name is changing from SmartRx to SmartSaver. Central Florida. :(

My Humana Walmart Value Rx Plan, going from $ 24.20 to $ 44.50 here in California.
Will have to check out Aetna Silver script Saver every one is talking about.
Thanks for the info. Was going to let it slide.

Back
Top Bottom