My Thursday Afternoon

AnIntentionalRoad

Recycles dryer sheets
I met two friends for breakfast Thursday morning. They were talking about this and that initiative they were pursuing at their companies. I just smiled.

Then, later that day, I emailed them both these pics of the initiative I pursued that same afternoon.

ForumRunner_20140301_231200.png

ForumRunner_20140301_231222.png

I find it difficult to really share values with work colleagues. Kinda by definition their values are different.

BTW looks like lovely texture... would you mind sharing your recipe?

For a while I used a bread machine with some success, but could never get anything that light.

Now I AM hungry. Send them over.

I'm finding I spend several hours a day cooking now, and our grocery bills are climbing! But it's all good! Haven't done that much bread though, but those loaves look amazing....

BTW looks like lovely texture... would you mind sharing your recipe?

For a while I used a bread machine with some success, but could never get anything that light.

I am a new baker, having just discovered how much I enjoy doing it after retiring. But, I've done quite a bit of research on bread baking specifically and the trick to getting a nice crust is to initially set temp to 500f and then blast steam into the oven during the first 2 minutes of baking. I am using a tray at the bottom of the oven that I pour water into and I also have a spray bottle that I use to douse the sides of the oven with water, generating steam, right after I put the loaves in.

For the interior texture, one trick is to not overly degass the dough after the final rise before putting it in the oven.

Good luck!

Looks delicious! When I meet up with my ex-colleagues, most really want to retire and live a different life.

Back
Top Bottom