Need help seeing new threads

arcyallen

Recycles dryer sheets
Is there a way to see new threads listed here? Not new posts, but new threads? I must be a dummy because I've looked and looked and yet, here I am asking.

Look along the right side of the home page. There is a window titled “recent threads”.

Another option is to click the “portal” button along the top. This leads to a screen showing 30 recent threads.

If you click on any forum, the threads are presented in order of freshness, so all the recently updated are listed first - after the stickies.

Attachments

• 0751E7E2-8C16-46FC-804B-870A0585C724.jpg
    0751E7E2-8C16-46FC-804B-870A0585C724.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 33F9EFC7-61D4-438B-A131-C0EAA854ED9A.jpg
    33F9EFC7-61D4-438B-A131-C0EAA854ED9A.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 23
That's what I do; after reading the threads I'm subscribed to, I click on "Portal" to get to the recent threads, and then usually skim the ones with replies under three digits (preferably under 20) to see if there are any new(er) threads I haven't seen.

if you click on "New Posts" there's a timestamp so you can see when the last comment was posted.

Look along the right side of the home page. There is a window titled “recent threads”.

Another option is to click the “portal” button along the top. This leads to a screen showing 30 recent threads.

If you click on any forum, the threads are presented in order of freshness, so all the recently updated are listed first - after the stickies.
I've seen that section, but I think it's mislabeled. There are threads in there that are weeks old, near the top of the list! I think that's a list of recent -posts-. Fourth from the top is "Daily WORDLE - please, no spoilers!" which is months old. I'm looking for threads that were started recently. Am I missing something here?

I am not aware of any command function that identifies and selects only new threads. If that is your selection criteria, I would suggest clicking on a forum of interest and just looking at the number of replies. Because they are ranked by most recent post, new threads will be at the top of the list.

if you click on "New Posts" there's a timestamp so you can see when the last comment was posted.

+1

You can also see how many replies in the thread ,so those with very few posts are likely to be the newest threads.

I've seen that section, but I think it's mislabeled. There are threads in there that are weeks old, near the top of the list! I think that's a list of recent -posts-. Fourth from the top is "Daily WORDLE - please, no spoilers!" which is months old. I'm looking for threads that were started recently. Am I missing something here?
I believe you're correct, it's most recently updated threads, meaning newest posts. "New Posts" in the top nav bar seems to do the same thing, in a slightly different format, showing individual threads and the time and date of the last post in them.

There's probably not a view for newest threads, although I can see how that might be useful. I suppose the designers of vBulletin were more concerned with showing recent activity, which includes any post, whether it starts or continues a thread.

I believe you're correct, it's most recently updated threads, meaning newest posts. "New Posts" in the top nav bar seems to do the same thing, in a slightly different format, showing individual threads and the time and date of the last post in them.

There's probably not a view for newest threads, although I can see how that might be useful. I suppose the designers of vBulletin were more concerned with showing recent activity, which includes any post, whether it starts or continues a thread.

Correct. If a thread was newly created, it will have at least one new post (the OP), so it will appear there.

If one is looking for something specific, the Search function works well, especially if you use "Advanced Search".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.32.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.32.52 AM.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for all the info. My concern was that all the posts on old threads would push down a new thread so I wouldn't see it, but it appears the traffic is "slow" enough that new threads will generally appear on that page somewhere. So mission mostly accomplished.

I generally like to see new threads because I can decide "is that something I'm interested in talking about or not?" pretty quickly. I'd rarely skip a new thread but then jump into it later.

Thanks for all the info. My concern was that all the posts on old threads would push down a new thread so I wouldn't see it, but it appears the traffic is "slow" enough that new threads will generally appear on that page somewhere. So mission mostly accomplished.

I generally like to see new threads because I can decide "is that something I'm interested in talking about or not?" pretty quickly. I'd rarely skip a new thread but then jump into it later.

Today's Posts can also be helpful for you.

I use New Posts mostly, and my bookmark puts me right on that page.

You can also ignore certain forums possibly. I also Ignore a fair amount of threads when the useful life is obviously gone, but posts continue.

But you do not get the feature you were looking for in your OP.

Back
Top Bottom