Neighbor Trespassed on Property and Cut Tree Limb

Midnighter, did this just "happen" or is there some history that predates the tree incident, and this just pushed you over the edge?

I can surely understand that you were violated. The neighbor did act inappropriately. It just seems like you are putting a lot of negative energy into what many people would just let go.

Just what are your damages in this? If you wind up in court, the settlement is going to come down to making you whole again, and that is about it. I doubt the police will arrest the neighbor even if they admit to the act.

Now if you had a six foot security fence with No Trespassing signs posted and the neighbor crossed the fence, that is a different story.

In the other thread it sounds like you are looking at property lines (maybe trying to determine if the tree is actually in your own yard or possibly in an easement).

Last edited:
If you lived in Texas you could probably just shoot him (just kidding, lol).

I would follow the sage words of Billy Jack: "Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of Heaven
You can justify it in the end

There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgment day
On the bloody morning after who
One tin soldier rides away".

Or you could just let it go. Just sayin'

My comments on context and missing the neighbors perspective somehow, was sparked by the fact the substantial mess from the tree trimming was moved and stacked in the neighbors yard. I visualize a destructive, inconsiderate, insane type leaving the mess in the OP's yard.

(But there are very neat insane people also, so I should not stereotype)

Back
Top Bottom