New Jeopardy Host Named

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good decision... I thought that they both did well as guest hosts. I thought that David Faber also did a good job.

Moved the thread to the media forum

Meh. Seems like some people don't like him...and a lot of speculation.

Agreed. A pointless article and some sour grapes reactions mostly. Why do people have to make a DRAMA about everything these days... :facepalm:

Agreed. A pointless article and some sour grapes reactions mostly. Why do people have to make a DRAMA about everything these days... :facepalm:

These days? There’s nothing new about people getting upset over the replacement of a favorite tv star. Bill Murray got death threads when he replaced Chevy Chase on SNL 45 years ago.

I was rooting for Mayim Bialik. Seems like she got the consolation prize.

What happened to Ken Jennings? Did he not want the job? He seemed like the perfect choice.

If the executive producer chose himself, what was the purpose of all the guest hosts - to make us think they actually considered others (not)? Not a fan, but the guest hosts I liked all have better gigs already. Richards will never match Trebek, others might have come closer, but just one fans opinion…

Attachments

• 0382787F-3135-449A-8DFA-369E23AB5F1B.jpeg
    0382787F-3135-449A-8DFA-369E23AB5F1B.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I know that Dave Faber is a smart cookie. I very much enjoyed his investigative reporting.

I had no idea that he had been a jeopardy contestant. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar too eh? Wow!

Agree that Jennings doesn't have the right vibe. I actually thought Art Fleming was better than Trebek. Remember Art Fleming? And I am very relieved it's not Anderson Cooper, although I don't think he wanted to be host, anyway.

Agree that Jennings doesn't have the right vibe. I actually thought Art Fleming was better than Trebek. Remember Art Fleming? And I am very relieved it's not Anderson Cooper, although I don't think he wanted to be host, anyway.

I watched one show w/ Jennings and no more. I can't put my finger on it, but I didn't like him as a host and I was really, REALLY hoping he wasn't selected. I would have really liked to see Bialik as the primary host.

Frankly it’s just a game (one that DW and I watch every day of course) and the host doesn’t really matter that much.

I’m just glad Sony didn’t pick any of the many truly bad guest hosts they paraded in front of us since Alex’s passing.

That’s my standard: Richards wasn’t bad, so I'm good with his selection.

Can see why it was a sought after job by so many, not too many gigs out there paying $10M/year for 46 days of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom